What's new

Bond James Bond... what fragrance?

Well, Moore and Connery were both known to wear Jicky by Guerlain, which is an aromatic citrus with undertones of wood and vanilla and lavender. Oddly, it's commonly known as a woman's scent. But then again, Frank Sinatra liked lavender too. Something tells me that these guys understood how to use a scent. Maybe if the purpose of cologne is to attract women, it means wearing a fragrance that is attractive to women rather than attractive to ones-self. It might create an approachable aspect to counter-balance the intimidating vibe that famous men (like James Bond and silver-screen-heroes) exude. The tameable beast, the winnable prince, the fixable rogue. Lore and literature have built on this trope for centuries - there must be something to it.

Hmmm..... I bet there's some kind of 'Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey' lesson in there somewhere.

But, that being said, I think I prefer Millesime Imperial, and as Harrison Ford and Pierce Brosnan are known to wear it... well, it's not like either of those gents were "B-listers" or for that matter had a tough time getting a date. And while we're on the topic - I'm still sore about Brosnan not getting the nod to be James Bond after Remmington Steele wrapped. And c'mon. if it's good enough for Indiana Jones and Han Solo... ;-)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Bro-Ham, Tongue & Cheek. :001_tt2: And Sean Connery (the best Bond imo) would wear Jicky by Guerlain & Habit Rouge. That’s a cold hard fact...
Dude! Everyone, EVERY-ONE! knows that Roger Moore WAS James Bond! And I'm nearly CERTAIN (nearly) that he came out of the Pacific once, IN A TUX! and was drier than a pop corn fart!

We discussed this once, in an English pub. He told me he used Brut, after shaving with Assured razors that he personally bought at a Dollar General Store.

True story.

hmmm...what relevance?

connery moore.jpg

In all the actuality, the guy on the right is DEAD, nothing good about that. I never liked him as a Bond, with his "softy" approach to the role. R. I. P.

True for me too. But I liked him a lot as Simon Templar ("The Saint"), and as Lord Sinclair ("The Persuaders!"; but only the hilarious German dubbed version). As Bond, meh.

I think Fleming cited Floris and Dunhill as far as I remember. A Bond today would have worn Creed Aventus, before it became a mass market nuisance. Maybe at this time, he would wear Tom Ford Tobacco Oud or Oud Wood.

True for me too. But I liked him a lot as Simon Templar ("The Saint"), and as Lord Sinclair ("The Persuaders!"; but only the hilarious German dubbed version).

Southpark is another show that is really funny in German. The specificity of the language applied to the already terse back-and-forth between the characters is fantastic. Nothing quite like Eric Cartman telling Stan: "Screw you, I'm going home." in German. In general the jokes are even shorter, just a shade dirtier, and as a result - even funnier. Though I haven't watched Southpark in German in more than a decade and I wonder if that's the case anymore as speech and humor have been trending toward timidity with a few notable exceptions.

Top Bottom