What's new

Bond James Bond... what fragrance?

So, hit me on this one - what's he's wearing?

1589044352271.png

1589044292662.png

If you read the Ian Flemming books you will find that Mr. Bond has a custom scent made for him in London. Those are the details I can remember. I'm not sure if the books are more specific about the shop.

-j

Ad Astra

The Instigator
This has come up before ... Think he wore bay rum in one book.

In another, he passed on aftershave because he had a "date."

AA

Eucris by George F. Trumper. I recall a momentary screenshot of a bottle from maybe "Goldfinger"? Could be wrong on the movie, though. I have some Eucris, and the debonair scent it has would be right up Mr. Bond's alley. Mighty fine stuff, by the way.

Last edited:
I expect you can buy some here.

I am not after any shop or specific fragrance.

The thread is more "philosophical" than that.

It's to get your imagination going about what this guy (this TYPE OF guy - classic Old World Gent) would wear TODAY.

Cheers

Hmm. So if James Bond were real and living in 2020, I would think he'd wear something current and expensive. It seems like he's gravitated toward something English. I don't know much about recent, high-end English fragrances. Maybe TOBS Jermyn Street? That seems a little blah for James Bond, though.

Hmm. So if James Bond were real and living in 2020, I would think he'd wear something current and expensive. It seems like he's gravitated toward something English. I don't know much about recent, high-end English fragrances. Maybe TOBS Jermyn Street? That seems a little blah for James Bond, though.
I think he'd be wearing Creed Vetiver or GIT maybe. TOBS are budget fragrances...

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I think a modern day Bond, a bit like myself, would be wearing what I am sure we can all agree is the most macho and greatest scent ever created by man. I hardly need name it given that description but in case there is any doubt, I speak of course of vintage Faberge Brut. 😁

il_794xN.1768967298_td8x.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I think a modern day Bond, a bit like myself, would be wearing what I am sure we can all agree is the most macho and greatest scent ever created by man. I hardly need name it given that description but in case there is any doubt, I speak of course of vintage Faberge Brut. 😁

View attachment 1098159
100% in agreement. Of every scent I own, this is the only one that makes it possible for me to walk out of the surf, on to the beach, and be completely dry.

And yes, I have done this. True story.

Top Bottom