What's new

Bonavita vs Bunn?

The heater is a coil shaped piece of aluminum - similar to Technivorm's copper coiled heater but with fewer coils. separating the cooler water in the tank from the heated water going to the shower head is part of the magic too.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Glad you like your new coffee maker. I am OCD as well, except I don't need instant gratification lol

I do most of my brewing pouring over or with a French Press, occasionally I'll also break out my Bialetti Mokka but it kind of burns the grounds when I use it so it's not my absolute favorite. I still have room in my life for a coffee maker, though. There are days when I just don't want to get out of bed and it's nice to have the maker set to a timer if I know I'll be getting up earlier than I like. Plus my wife doesn't drink coffee, so asking her to make a pot via pour over or press ain't gonna happen.

occasionally I'll also break out my Bialetti Mokka but it kind of burns the grounds when I use it so it's not my absolute favorite.

Try starting with very hot water in the bottom vessel. That way the moka pot spends a LOT less time on the burner as the water is already hot and only needs another minute to start coming up through the grounds.

Some good reviews on the heating element in your new brewer...

https://www.google.com/search?q=bonavita+coffee+maker+heating+element

And a photo:

$Bonavita-Heating-Element-BV1800.jpg

Another great cup this morning. Used 7 grams of excellent Roasterie coffee per cup. Very pleased with the purchase.

Top Bottom