What's new

Bonavita Drip Coffee Maker

I was making coffee this morning with my Bonavita 1900 and couldn't recall how long I've had this coffeemaker so I pulled up this old thread. Looks like I'm about 15 months into it. 15 months is not a long time, but I can report back that it has been flawless and remains my favorite. I have the insulated stainless carafe and its been no trouble.

I posted in November of 2016 that mine was over 18 months old then, so now it is over 2.5 years and still used daily!
Very pleased with mine. I looked it up on Amazon just now, I got it in April of 2015, the 5 cup thermal carafe, 1500TS. And, I paid $32 for 12 Schick Hydro 5 blades!!! I didn't start DE shaving until November of that year.

I posted in November of 2016 that mine was over 18 months old then, so now it is over 2.5 years and still used daily!
Very pleased with mine. I looked it up on Amazon just now, I got it in April of 2015, the 5 cup thermal carafe, 1500TS. And, I paid $32 for 12 Schick Hydro 5 blades!!! I didn't start DE shaving until November of that year.

Good to hear its still performing. I absolutely love mine, it's the 8 cup thermal carafe. I switched from glass carafes with a heating plate to thermal carafes quite a few years ago. To me it seems like the coffee holds up better.

I bought mine in April of 2013 after reading about it on B&B. That's 4 years 8 months. I use it everyday and it's still going strong. Great unit.
I did have to return it after the very first use. When I moved the unit after making coffee, there was a puddle of plastic under it. Something wasn't right. The coffee tasted so good I took a chance on a replacement.

Last edited:
I switched from glass carafes with a heating plate to thermal carafes quite a few years ago. To me it seems like the coffee holds up better.

Yep, you don't want to cook your brewed coffee.

Stick a cup in the microwave and be amazed.

Taste it before and after.

I also bought mine about a year ago after the stellar reviews. I couldn't be happier. Enjoying a cup right now!

I was making coffee this morning with my Bonavita 1900 and couldn't recall how long I've had this coffeemaker so I pulled up this old thread. Looks like I'm about 15 months into it. 15 months is not a long time, but I can report back that it has been flawless and remains my favorite. I have the insulated stainless carafe and its been no trouble.

Just reporting back on the Bonavita 1900. 2 years 3 months of nearly daily use and it performs as well now as the day it was new.

I had mine just a little over 5 years and it finally died. It was taking very long to make coffee. We gave up on it.
The first one I bought the very first time I used it, when I got done it left a puddle of plastic under it. I sent that one back.
But I liked it so much I bought another. Now I'm using a Hamilton Beach that Consumer Reports rated very high.

Chemex (V60 filter) with a my Bonavita drip brewer. Made an air gap device. Bent copper tube covered with clear plastic water line tube.

Bona_Chem.jpg

Nice rig!
Thanks, mostly a test setup in case I needed an extra vessel. I typically use the Melitta carafe which accepts the oem “V” style basket with built in air-gap ridges and standard #4 filters. No difference in taste between V60 and Melitta filters, Chemex double bonded filters are definitely different.

Whether you're looking for green coffee beans or roasted, you might want to check out Bodhi Leaf Coffee in Socal. Their pricing on green coffee beans is much better than Sweet Maria's and the quality is excellent. I roast with the Behmor 1600 Plus and brew with the Technivorm Moccamaster. A great way to start the day--right after a BBS shave!

Looks like a nice one.

Bout 2 years old. Had some calcium build up and a black pot inside.

Bit of clean and flush and like new again

Model is BV-1900-TD. Programmable (which I will never use). With pre-infuse.

Was rather shocked to see it sitting on the shelf. not much high end coffee stuff to be found out in the wild

Happy camper with this one.

Just reporting back on the Bonavita 1900. 2 years 3 months of nearly daily use and it performs as well now as the day it was new.

Three years in with my Bonavita 1900. I would estimate it’s brewed close to 1000 pots of coffee and I’ve had zero issues with it. Not a single hiccup. I believe I’ve only descaled it once in that time so I should probably do it again. Note, I have a whole house water softener so that may be a contributing factor, not sure.

When I first purchased this in September of ‘16 I was unfamiliar with the machine and while it made good coffee I was concerned about longevity. I’ve got enough use out of it now that I’m confident in the quality and at this point if something should happen to the coffee maker I would replace it without hesitation.

Cheers!

I picked up a Bonavita 1900 with stainless carafe earlier this week. I've made 4 or 5 pots with it. I was going to say that in its price range its a great coffee maker, but nix that. In ANY price range this is a great drip coffee maker. I am so glad I decided to try one of these. Night and day difference over what I was using. I can't say enough about what a great cup of coffee this unit produces. Simple to use, easy to clean. Time will tell how long it lasts but it appears to be very well made.

:thumbup1:

4 years in and the Bonavita is still running strong.

Top Bottom