What's new

Bonavita Drip Coffee Maker

Coming up in the 7th anniversary with this beast, and it’s still rock solid. I descale every 4-6 months and continue to get pot after pot of great coffee. During the pandemic, we often brew 2 pots a day, especially working from home. One of the few day to day improvements in my life has been a significant upgrade in my coffee experience. No bad cups unless I get unlucky when buying cups outside the house.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Coming up in the 7th anniversary with this beast, and it’s still rock solid. I descale every 4-6 months and continue to get pot after pot of great coffee. During the pandemic, we often brew 2 pots a day, especially working from home. One of the few day to day improvements in my life has been a significant upgrade in my coffee experience. No bad cups unless I get unlucky when buying cups outside the house.
I am impressed that someone knows the year they got their coffee maker. I would guess my Bonavita is that old or older. It makes two, sometimes three, perfect pots daily. It is a great coffee maker, and the thermal carafe really does its job.

I got mine back in Sept of 2016. The only reason I know That is my post in this thread. 😁. So I’m about 4.5 years in and my use of the Bonavita also increased significantly this past year. My concerns of longevity are past. I agree 100% this unit does not make a bad cup of coffee. For over 4 years I’ve enjoyed the best coffee of my life.

I checked my Amazon account, and I got my 5 cup thermal carafe coffee maker in April, 2015. Still going strong, descale every few months and clean when I think about it!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
It was the BV1800TH, JJ. I’m not sure if they still offer it.
Yup, no longer available. Looks like the BV1900TS is the new model. 1500w 8cup stainless. I don’t drink coffee any longer but others in the house do. This will be the one I get me thinks.

I picked up a Bonavita 1900 with stainless carafe earlier this week. I've made 4 or 5 pots with it. I was going to say that in its price range its a great coffee maker, but nix that. In ANY price range this is a great drip coffee maker. I am so glad I decided to try one of these. Night and day difference over what I was using. I can't say enough about what a great cup of coffee this unit produces. Simple to use, easy to clean. Time will tell how long it lasts but it appears to be very well made.

:thumbup1:

5 years and 2 months of excellent coffee. I’ve been working from home for the past year and a half which has doubled my at home coffee consumption, so that 5 years is more like 7 or 8. Great coffee maker.

8 freaking years now without a hitch (except the original glass lined carafe). Coffee is as good as ever.

Actually, it’s better. Since I got it, I followed it up with the Baratza burr grinder and did a deeeeeep dive into artisan coffee. I finally figured out that I prefer dark roasts, taken black. Milk just ruins it now. Cup after awesome cup.

8 freaking years now without a hitch (except the original glass lined carafe). Coffee is as good as ever.

Actually, it’s better. Since I got it, I followed it up with the Baratza burr grinder and did a deeeeeep dive into artisan coffee. I finally figured out that I prefer dark roasts, taken black. Milk just ruins it now. Cup after awesome cup.

Same for me Bob. The Bonavita is such a good coffee maker that it compelled me to continue that journey. I picked up a Baratza burr grinder a few years back and started down the artisan coffee bean path.

Glad to hear your Bonavita is still going strong, as is mine. It is simple, easy to clean, and works every time. I couldn't ask for more.

On a side note, anyone on the fence about dropping the cash on a burr grinder....dive in. A good burr grinder makes the process easy and consistent.

Same for me Bob. The Bonavita is such a good coffee maker that it compelled me to continue that journey. I picked up a Baratza burr grinder a few years back and started down the artisan coffee bean path.

Glad to hear your Bonavita is still going strong, as is mine. It is simple, easy to clean, and works every time. I couldn't ask for more.

On a side note, anyone on the fence about dropping the cash on a burr grinder....dive in. A good burr grinder makes the process easy and consistent.

+1 to the burr grinder.

I'm now 6 years in with my Bonavita and still enjoying excellent coffee. I've fine tuned my process a bit lately as I mostly work from home now. I have the Bonavita with the stainless carafe and I've always just brewed a full carafe every morning. I've found lately that I like to have a couple cups of coffee early morning....around 5-6AM, and another couple cups early afternoon. Turns out the Bonavita filter basket fits perfectly on my 20 ounce Yeti tumbler and the whole works fits perfectly under the Bonavita brewer. In fact it fits like a glove and with the Bonavita being a pour over brewer this set up works perfectly for my needs. So now I brew 20 ounces in the morning directly into the Yeti tumbler and another 20 ounces later in the day. I couldn't be more pleased with the results.

6 years in with the Bonavita and its purring like a kitten.

Have been watching this thread for years and planned to get a Bonavita. Then Bonavita stopped production and was impossible to source. As the brand restarted, there's been noise about quality/performance. In the meantime a week visiting a cousin with a Moccamaster sealed the deal and I ended up with one of those.

Have been watching this thread for years and planned to get a Bonavita. Then Bonavita stopped production and was impossible to source. As the brand restarted, there's been noise about quality/performance. In the meantime a week visiting a cousin with a Moccamaster sealed the deal and I ended up with one of those.

I didn’t need to see this. I’ll hope that mine still has many years left. If the restarted brand is dicey, I would have to look into the Moccamaster or one of the other brands that have come out that meet the brewing specs.

My Virtuoso burr grinder crapped out a couple of weeks ago. The motor just couldn’t sustain an extended grind, and you could smell something like burning oil afterward. I replaced it with an Encore the same day. Comparing the grinds from the two, the Virtuoso had clearly been having grind problems, either with the burrs or something else, and we hadn’t noticed. Coffee was still good. Anyway, I don’t know whether it’s worth contacting Baratza about a repair or refurbishment.

My Virtuoso burr grinder crapped out a couple of weeks ago. The motor just couldn’t sustain an extended grind, and you could smell something like burning oil afterward. I replaced it with an Encore the same day. Comparing the grinds from the two, the Virtuoso had clearly been having grind problems, either with the burrs or something else, and we hadn’t noticed. Coffee was still good. Anyway, I don’t know whether it’s worth contacting Baratza about a repair or refurbishment.

Baratza certainly has parts available for everything and they and perhaps others can likely do repairs if you don’t want to take it on yourself. Depending on how long it’s been in service, it may also be time for a new set of burrs.

The availability of parts and philosophy of repair rather than replace was a buying factor for me when I got my encore.

Top Bottom