What's new

Bolzano Superinox

I tried this blade for the first time this morning. I had 2 days growth as I always skip shaving on Sunday. I have a very thick beard but I use a very efficient Above the Tie Slant so shaving 2 days worth of growth is very easy.

I have had these blades in my cabinet for a several months but I'm not a big fan of experimenting once I find something that works without flaw but I decided to go ahead and give them a try.

The performance of a blade is always difficult to judge from just one use but I will say that my face feels amazing and I had no irritation or weepers. From the little bit of information I was able to find on these blades, I expected the blade to act much like a Feather, but that wasn't the case at all for me. I would compare it to Voskhod if anything. My normal blade is Gillette 7 O'clock yellow or Gillette Platinum. I love both of those blades and they are very very sharp and glide through my beard like a hot knife through butter. The Bolzano pulled and tugged a good bit and wasn't very comfortable. It almost reminded me of shaving with a couple days growth with a cartridge razor, especially on my mustache, it was very very uncomfortable on the first pass. Once I completed the first pass tho, i literally had a DFS, it was soooo close that I was shocked. I still did my 2nd ATG pass which was much much more comfortable and left me with a fantastic shave. I will continue to use this blade over the next couple of weeks but as far as an initial impression it is very mixed. I don't love or hate the blade at this point and my opinion is still very impressionable and will depend on the next several shaves. I can't argue with the result of the blade as it seems to be fairly forgiving and my face looks and feels wonderful.

I love these blades, but my first blade in a new package seemed a bit tuggy. As with you great final outcome but a little confused.. My last 4 packs were so smooth and sharp from square one. I'll have to see how the rest pan out. Bad run? (If that happens)

I used the same blade again this morning and had a phenomenal shave. Very forgiving and smooth, sharp enough to cut through my beard and my face feels great. I'm still unsure about the tugging I experienced from the first shave but I'll be doing the exact same thing Saturday as I'm off work Friday so I will be skipping and shaving 2 days growth Saturday with a fresh blade. I will stretch out the life of the 2nd blade to see how many shaves I can get out of it. My usual is 4 to 5 shaves per blade but the 5th shave is always a little uncomfortable.

Great blades. I keep 100 at all times and the sharpness and smoothness is fantastic. 5-6 excellent 3 pass shaves consistently and the blade gets better every time you use it.

I got 2 shaves in with a Bolzano in my Merkur 39C and both shaves (4 days of growth on both shaves) were BBS. I would like to try them in some of my other razors before I end up buying 100 of them though.

They work for me.

Just shaved with a Bolzano in a Ikon Shavecraft 102 with 2 days of growth and the shave was excellent.

Yeah, I'll be buying a 100 of them very soon.....:thumbup1:

Addition to my earlier post. Probably a bum blade, swapped it out and back to the fantastic shaves I got previously from Bolzano.

Top Bottom