What's new

Bolzano Superinox

I have to say these are among the worst blades I've tried. After reading about the sharpness of these blades I was surprised to find they were less sharp than Derby Extras. I've used a number of sharp blades (e.g. feather, Iridium, Med Prep) and none of them pulled like the Bolzano. Very disappointed considering I paid over $.50 per blade.

Sorry to hear your milage varied so far from mine! I get really smooth shaves from them, and find I can get 5 shaves minimum from each blade. I'm not sure I'll be getting more, due to the price, but I think it's a top quality blade.

Sorry to hear of your experience. I found them to be a very sharp and nice performing blade. However, for me, there were blades that performed as well or better that were far cheaper, so they are not in my rotation. As always, the razor blade may be the ultimate in YMMV!!!

Blade and razor combinations can make a fantastic blade in one razor a nightmare in another razor.

You can try those blades in a different razor like an old type or Fatip, or R-41 or slant head and you might be pleasantly surprised at how nice they really are.

To put it lightly, I found them...problematic.
After the first pass, the evidence was clear: not the blade for me.

Blade and razor combinations can make a fantastic blade in one razor a nightmare in another razor.

You can try those blades in a different razor like an old type or Fatip, or R-41 or slant head and you might be pleasantly surprised at how nice they really are.
I've only tried the blade in a DE89 so I'll give them a go in one of my vintage Gillettes and see how it goes. But I have found that the blades I like to use generally seem to shave well in all sorts of safety razors.

I've only tried the blade in a DE89 so I'll give them a go in one of my vintage Gillettes and see how it goes. But I have found that the blades I like to use generally seem to shave well in all sorts of safety razors.

Some blades do better in different razors. Example: Derby is the pits in my Tech but gives me a nice shave in my R41.

Uncoated blades seem to be more "picky" about where they work the best

I cannot say I found them dull or worse than Derby, but they always left me with weepers and slight irritation. One of my favourite blades is Feather and I get excellent shaves with them. I know how to shave with a sharp blade and I don't think Bolzano was that sharp. It wasn't dull either. I just got frustrated after I used a pack and got them out of den.
Plenty of choices out there.

I second VerbaVolant's post.
My primary blade is Feather, and I just did not find Bolzano to be that sharp.
They left me with nicks, weepers, irritation, etc.

As always, YMMV.
For whatever reason, I wanted to like Bolzanos.
But I've put them in the same category as Derbys: they just don't compare to Feathers or Astras. Not worth it.

I didn't find them very good, but neither were they awful. Pretty smooth. Something like the German Wilkies on turbo.

Last edited:
I found Bolzano's to be OK but not as good as others I tried. I used up what I purchased and chalked them up to experience.

I used these blades for the first time his morning. I found that they definitely give plenty of feed back. I would not say that they tug but they certainly do not cut like butter either. I will say though, of all of the blades I have used in my EJ 89 (10 different blades) the Bolzano gave me a DFS, best I have ever had in a two pass WTG shave with no irritation at all....amazing! Was this due to improved technique or simply finding the right blade for this razor for me I do t know. All I know in this hobby is that everybody has a different experience with each razor, blade, soap, AS...each set up is unique to each person and the moment you get that ureka moment it's nothing short of amazing

Next time you take a notion to pay somebody to take your stuff, please contact me. I had based my retirement on winning the Powerball and that appears to have fallen through, so I'll be needing both the income and the concomitant stuff.
Sell them?!?! I paid someone to take them from me :blink:. Terrible blades. Chewed rather than cut. Buyer beware.

Best blade I have ever used. Easily better then my med preps.
I combine it with a Merkur 38c and boy do I get a great close shave.
It seems the blade gets better with each shave ? Really.
I usually get 7 great shaves from one blade. I have gotten rid of all my other blades and only use Bolzanos now.

Bolzano is very debated blade. I like it, probably not the best bang for the buck but they're very sharp, a little stiff.
I love them.

In any case YMMV

Top Bottom