What's new

boker king cutter ?

IMG_3817.jpg
one of my latest acquisitions. tree doesn't look like any on the charts I have seen. Any idea to what time period? links to source?

IMG_3806.jpg
IMG_3818.jpg

until this one all my blades are straight spine with straight edges (i'm new)
this a my first SR with curved spine.
edge for the most part is straight, with a curve at the heel
i want to keep it as close to original as possible to original design when i hone
is this what the blade shape is supposed to be?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
@Chan Eil Whiskers posted a graphic showing the dates of the various iterations of the tree. Maybe he will pop up and repost it or direct you to it. In any case, it will answer your question.

Dating the Boker information came to me from Mike @Esox, but I've added a bit to it...

The chart below may be specific only to knives (or not). The link below is about razors.

proxy.php

That's the basics. More below...

proxy.php

For dating Boker Tree brand razors try this search - strazors(dot)com + h.boker & company.

12-20-18.BokerRedInjun.650.Mango.JPG

I'll look at my tang, but from the box and the scales I can date the razor (I think).

Happy shaves,

Jim

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Dating the Boker information came to me from Mike @Esox, but I've added a bit to it...

The chart below may be specific only to knives (or not). The link below is about razors.

proxy.php

That's the basics. More below...

proxy.php

For dating Boker Tree brand razors try this search - strazors(dot)com + h.boker & company.

View attachment 937085

I'll look at my tang, but from the box and the scales I can date the razor (I think).

Happy shaves,

Jim
Thanks for reposting Jim.

thanks for the chart and link
no mpdel number on mine

still no exact match on tree

i'm very happy with it, i've gotten better shaves of this vs. newer dovo
it won't be my last boker!!

does your blade curve towards the heel?

Oh, I've got a king cutter incoming that looks very similar Biglo13. It'll be a project in these long dark evenings, but good to hear it has great potential.

Oh, I've got a king cutter incoming that looks very similar Biglo13. It'll be a project in these long dark evenings, but good to hear it has great potential.

it one of the best i have shaving wise so far.... beats out newer dovos (for now) i'm keeping my eyes peeled for more.

The king cutter I have was an impulse buy on eBay, all I cared about was that the blade was straight. I knew the king cutter was an excellent razor, I’m only guessing with the date as I found dating them can be difficult. I recently did another impulse buy 1874 Johan Engstrom that needs some work but the price was hard to beat for a buy it now. I will post some before and afters when I receive it in a week or so.

The king cutter I have was an impulse buy on eBay, all I cared about was that the blade was straight. I knew the king cutter was an excellent razor, I’m only guessing with the date as I found dating them can be difficult. I recently did another impulse buy 1874 Johan Engstrom that needs some work but the price was hard to beat for a buy it now. I will post some before and afters when I receive it in a week or so.

when you get it... is spine curved? is blade shape similar to mine?

Top Bottom