What's new

bodyshop shaving cream

It's nice to see this mentioned. Very underrated. And by underrated I mean The Body Shop Maca Root is the slickest soap I've used so far.
Yea I've tried the latest version which I loved and now I'm looking forward to trying out the older one

Which one did you try?

I've got the new version which I got on sale for $12 AUD. Typically retails for $16. Considering it has a pleasant scent thats reminiscent of sporty TOBS avocado (that is to say a cool cucumber scent mixed with a marine note), leaves skin feeling good regardless of how many shaves in a row you use it (can't say the same for Arko/Derby) and needs very little product to make an excellent, silky, creamy, dense lather (talking 3-5 gentle swirls in the tub)...its probably the best pound for pound product I can get. Its genuinely excellent, lasts a hell of a long time, easy to purchase (there's brick and mortar stores and a domestic online store presence), smells good (imo), is made by a company which doesn't use ingredients derived from slave/child labour and tries to be eco friendly.... and is very cost effective. Probably the best value software money can buy.

Reactions: saj
Using it at the moment, I think its an excellent cream and as said by others, a bit underated for the price.

Reactions: saj
I've got the new version which I got on sale for $12 AUD. Typically retails for $16. Considering it has a pleasant scent thats reminiscent of sporty TOBS avocado (that is to say a cool cucumber scent mixed with a marine note), leaves skin feeling good regardless of how many shaves in a row you use it (can't say the same for Arko/Derby) and needs very little product to make an excellent, silky, creamy, dense lather (talking 3-5 gentle swirls in the tub)...its probably the best pound for pound product I can get. Its genuinely excellent, lasts a hell of a long time, easy to purchase (there's brick and mortar stores and a domestic online store presence), smells good (imo), is made by a company which doesn't use ingredients derived from slave/child labour and tries to be eco friendly.... and is very cost effective. Probably the best value software money can buy.
yea i really enjoy using it

Typical price in Europe is 10 Euro, which right now, is like 10 USD.

I like TBS cream. Leathers well, slickness to me is not out of this world, but quite good nevertheless. A good tallow soap like Kent/MWF is a bit slicker. The scent is pedestrian and quite weak, so doesn't clash with your AS. It is in the post-shave feel where this cream excels IMO. It leaves my skin soft, hydrated and supple. Some soaps and creams (Arko comes to mind) dry my face and the skin feels like someone is pulling it. This is much, much better.
All in all a good product for the price, and a nice step up from the typical supermarket products that are widely available around here.

Top Bottom