What's new

Body Soap Suggestions Request

I'm looking for a quality (triple-milled?) body soap that meets these two requirements:

1) It's good for sensitive skin.

2) Scent is fresh and clean without being over-powering. (My favorite shave soap scent btw is Zingari Man Navigator).

Thanks!

Ken

Doo Doo Do da doo do... down the rabbit hole!

SV, I have almost all the scents. You won't have any problems with these. PdP is good too. Also have some Zingari Man body soaps, but I prefer veg. B&M too. Spearhead just came out with some bath soap that is on my order list, I believe olive oil based. I used pure olive oil soap alone for many years. I have more bath soap than shaving somehow.

😂 I just ordered Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort because I like the scent of the shave cream. I also ordered James Bronnley Original. Hopefully, I will like the scents. I tend to like the more subtle scents of the English soaps as opposed to the more heavily 'cologney' scents of the Italian soaps.
Can you tell me the mildest scented SV and PdP body soap scents? How is PdP Sea Salt...and Ocean Air?
Thanks!

As for SV, they really are all mild. Meaning you can smell it while lathering, but once you rinse off it's gone. You might like 70th, but that is the only one I would say may be too strong for you. If you really want to get away from Colonia scents, maybe Tundra Artica. My favorite is Desert Vetiver. Cosmo is nice too, but may be too strong. As for PdP, you probably should stay away from the shaving match lineup unfortunately. Their extensive line of bath soaps shouldn't be overpowering, but I don't know. Your too sound relatively safe, but I don't have them. I forgot Pasteurs sells MdC bath soap also, but I don't remember if you dislike all their scents.

Thanks! I actually have samples of the SV aftershave...so perhaps I can get an idea of what they smell like...though, I assume, the soap scents are not going to be quite as robust! :)
I ordered those two PdP...they're only $6 as opposed to $30, so I can't go wrong!

I tried the SV. It's wonderful and sophisticated, but it's just too 'cologney' for me. (I never wear cologne or aftershave.) I prefer a simple, clean 'soapy' scent for my soaps. If I were into colognes, Cucube and Stella Alpina would be the ones I would try. Thanks.

Am I still the only one using Dr Bronners? Peppermint and Lavender, for me. I've also grown to like Trader Joe's Oatmeal and honey soap, as well as their lavender and lemon soaps

I love PdP bath soaps. I highly recommend them.

Sea salt is one of my favorites but is not subtle; it smells like sea salt! None of the fragrances are overpowering, but I think scents like milk, almond, or olive oil are inherently more subtle than sea salt.

edit: I just reread your scent criteria, and I would say sea salt probably sounds like a good choice. It is pretty much what you think it would be.

Top Bottom