What's new

Body Soap by Claus Porto

wait, what's the difference between the bath foam and bath gel?
some places state the body washes as gel, some as foam.. but i haven't seen a difference in the descriptions

I have been using the Tobacco CP with the Musgo Real bath gel/shampoo. The MR doesn't lather very well but when combined with the Claus Porto, its great. The scents tend to complement.

I got the Aguia Vetyver, and to be honest, through the wrapper, it doesn't smell that great... But the other fragrances such as Voga Acacia Tuberose, Parada Pear Sandalwood, Lysia Mimosa, Lelite Orange Amber, Condesa Wild Pansy, and Banho Citron Verbena seem like they would be great. After I finish these three, bought the three pack of vetyver, I'll have to check those out. Yeah... really need to get a sample pack or something.

I'm just about through a bar of Pear Sandalwood. Excellent stuff. Strong scent but doesn't clash with other shaving/cologne products.

It's amazes me sometimes that true luxury can be had at such a minimal cost. TOBS SC, Porto Soaps, Mitchell Wool Fat products & others.

These products may seem expensive but a little bit goes along way which makes them very reasonable compared to cheaper stuff that you just burn through & have to resupply on with greater frequency.

My order from Drugstore.com's sale just came in today:

Agua Vetyver
Pear Sandalwood guest pastilles
Tabaco

I'll start using the Tabaco this morning. I'm quite looking forward to it.

Am I doing something wrong? I ordered the 3-pack, and each bar only lasted me a week, I think. Claus Porto claimed that it would last 3x longer than soaps similar in size. The only other soap I've tried is Dove, and I think each bar lasted me only two weeks... I've only tried the Vetyver one

Am I doing something wrong? I ordered the 3-pack, and each bar only lasted me a week, I think. Claus Porto claimed that it would last 3x longer than soaps similar in size. The only other soap I've tried is Dove, and I think each bar lasted me only two weeks... I've only tried the Vetyver one

Well first off, I believe the 3-pack is contains 5.28oz soap bars and not the huge 12.34 oz bars.

But honestly, even if you have the smaller bars I have no idea how you could go possibly through one in a week. The larger bars last me at 2 months... more like 3 months per bar.

I apply the soap directly on my body instead of using a washcloth or something to apply it. Plus I keep the water running. Could any of those contribute to how fast I use these soaps? Aren't each of those small bars 5.28 oz each? Or is the total 5.28 oz? I thought each bar was 5.28 oz... otherwise that one bar would be unimaginably HUGE!

Which I suppose is what everybody is saying... And the smaller soaps would be SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive.

I would think that those would have some impact, but also does your soap have the chance to dry between uses or is it constantly moist?

Oh... It's constantly moist... I'm living in a dorm right now and I keep it in a ziplock bag since it doesn't fit in my soap dish. Once I'm done with the soap, while in the shower, I try to get all the moisture out of the bag, and then I put the soap in.

I've been trying to find a large enough soap dish/box/container/whatever to hold it. Something with a cover is preferable and drain holes or something at the bottom to keep the water away, but everything I see is just a tad too small. Any suggestions as to what I should get? Right now I have it in a bowl.

I bought the big bar of Claus porto Banho Citron Verbena. My wife and I use it, and we shower twice daily. I use a washcloth, most of the time she doesn't. We've had the bar up there for 2 months and I believe that if I look at it in the right light, I can see that it's a bit smaller than when we started. But notwithstanding its longevity, it's truly a great soap. It lathers something fierce, feels great going on, and the shea butter really does nice things for your skin. I want to try some of their other flavors, but I'm concerned that I may retire or die of old age before the present bar wears out. Pick your favorite scent--the soap is fantastic and you won't be disappointed.

Top Bottom