What's new

Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream at TJ Maxx

Found this at my local TJ Maxx for $4.99.

upload_2019-1-30_14-26-14.png

I've not used the version with aloe, but would pick it up in a nanosecond if I ran across it for that price. I still have a tub of the "original" Maca Root from when I picked it up a The Body Shop during a buy-one-get-one-free sale. Top notch cream.

Let us know how your shave with it goes.

I've not used the version with aloe, but would pick it up in a nanosecond if I ran across it for that price. I still have a tub of the "original" Maca Root from when I picked it up a The Body Shop during a buy-one-get-one-free sale. Top notch cream.

Let us know how your shave with it goes.

Will do. Might be this weekend, though I also have a tub of the RazoRock blue soap I've been dying to try from a recent acquisition.

My wife loves the new version. I just haven’t found it yet. I hit TJ Maxx and Marshalls today, but didn’t find much.

There was this -

5E2F9AAF-9E2B-4D24-B488-7FA232BFEF5D.jpeg

Around 40% of soaps and creams burn me.

Tbs creams are fine for me. They are all very high quality. They feel and lather like tobs.

My wife loves the new version. I just haven’t found it yet. I hit TJ Maxx and Marshalls today, but didn’t find much.

There was this -

View attachment 948773

When I saw this thread pop up the other day, I ran to Marshalls because I figured it's the same thing. I didnt find the shave cream at marshall, but I did get that brush. It smells awful. I cant seem to get the funk out of it. After several soakings in dish soap water, then leaving it loaded w shave soap (tabac). The smell has lessened, but still pretty bad.

If youre looking for a cheap brush - I stumbled into a Sally's Beauty supply and they had a synthetic for around 6 bucks. It's pretty good. They also had some blades. I picked up some Persona Blues.

I did end up going to a TJ Maxx, and found the shave cream. Havent tried it yet though. Looking forward to it. Im still a new shaver and have only used Tabac, Poraso, and Stirling soaps.

That is a good price.
I like this third version better than the version 2 "Maca Root Shave Cream" (with no aloe).
Version 2 just looked and smelled too "beige" for me. They made version 3 a bit more barbershoppy. Maybe a bit of citrus in the scent?
(For those of you taking notes, version 1 was "Mechanics For Men Shave Cream".)

When I saw this thread pop up the other day, I ran to Marshalls because I figured it's the same thing. I didnt find the shave cream at marshall, but I did get that brush. It smells awful. I cant seem to get the funk out of it. After several soakings in dish soap water, then leaving it loaded w shave soap (tabac). The smell has lessened, but still pretty bad.

If youre looking for a cheap brush - I stumbled into a Sally's Beauty supply and they had a synthetic for around 6 bucks. It's pretty good. They also had some blades. I picked up some Persona Blues.

I did end up going to a TJ Maxx, and found the shave cream. Havent tried it yet though. Looking forward to it. Im still a new shaver and have only used Tabac, Poraso, and Stirling soaps.
I have two of the VDH badger brushes. They are the stinkest brushes ever. The only process that I found to work is to wash the brush then let it set in the sun light. The ozone will lessen the stink. The brush performance is not too bad.

I have two of the VDH badger brushes. They are the stinkest brushes ever. The only process that I found to work is to wash the brush then let it set in the sun light. The ozone will lessen the stink. The brush performance is not too bad.
Thanks. I'll try that. That issue is, as I sit here in a wintery Chicago - I feel like I may never see the sun again. :(

So, I shaved with this on Saturday. My set-up:

Washed face with glycerin soap as a pre-shave
Big Bruce Synthetic Brush
Captain's Choice Shave Bowl
Gillette Fatboy
GSB Blade - second use
WH Aftershave
Nivea Energy AS Balm
CO Bigelow Blue Barber Cologne

Soaked the brush and squeezed about half the water out. Put a dollop of the cream into the bowl. Lathered very easily and exploded after about five to ten seconds. Must have had the water to product ratio spot on.

Very nice slickness and cushion. Plenty of lather for a three pass shave. Nice post feel. The scent to me was the same as the original cream.

All in all, a very nice shave. Good cream at a great price.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll try that. That issue is, as I sit here in a wintery Chicago - I feel like I may never see the sun again. :(
I'm in Michigan, so the sun isn't until May. If you know anyone in the hotel business they use ozone generators in their buildings.

Chlorine dioxide might be a good try also. Just wash the brush and put it in a zip lock bag with damp rid crystals.

Top Bottom