What's new

Body Shop Cream

Hello,

I picked up a tub of the BS Maca Root & Aloe cream yesterday from the body shop and tried it out this morning.

First impressions are that it is a really great cream for the price. £9 for 200ml tub or £13.50 on a buy one get one half price deal.

I have recently been using Taylors organic and Proraso green and initial thoughts are it's easily better than the Proraso and I thought edges ahead of the Taylors. 400 ml for £13.50 is a great value prop in my opinion and kind of gutted I only bought the one tub in the end.

Cheers.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

The original Body Shop Maca Root was a firm favourite on here in terms of performance, opinion seems divided on the scent.

There was a collective holding of breathe when The Body Shop modified the formula to the new Maca Root & Aloe but in my estimation there's very little difference - I for one will certainly go on buying it

I always found it brilliant too, very slick with a great post shave feeling. It was the first cream I ever bought and I still use it some days.

I've persevered with this cream now for a total of 17 shaves and I'll continue-on as I think there might be room for some improvement (perhaps not much though). My thoughts are based on the previous TBS Maca Root version. Personally, I think this cream is a little too over-hyped as a "lathering" cream. It might be a great cream as a brushless cream (I've never tried it brushless). However, as a lathering cream, I have found that it is a "good cream" and nothing more. Yes, TBS Maca Root is very slick, but slickness alone does not make a great cream. IMO, just about any noob can build a lather with this cream almost instantly and I do think post-shave is pretty good as well, but based on my experience when using it as a "lathering cream", I would have to conclude that the lather is on the "thinner side". The thinner lather and tiny air-bubbles are too noticeable, particularly with the 2nd or 3rd pass (try pulling-out the remaining lather from your brush for your final touch-up pass and you'll see what I mean). IMO, there are many other alternative creams, including creams that cost much less, that will outperform it. Hopefully, the new formulation will be an improvement.

Having said all that, I think it's fantastic if this cream works for you and that essentially is what matters.

Top Bottom