What's new

Body Modifications (tattoos, piercings)

Here's two of mine. The one on my back is about my dad. He lost his sight 5 years ago

$911FFCA5-519C-4CC8-B575-7E6F8BDBE040_zpsqtndmtju.jpg

$FFE2BD2E-2502-49CB-B764-3E0CC9CAC1D0_zpsngpktchb.jpg

Last edited:
Lets see...
Piercings: 6. Four in right ear, two... elsewhere. This, my friends, is why professional piercers are not safe drinking companions.:scared:
Tattoos: 9. Eagle Scout medallion on my left deltoid (in honor of my boys who died in a tornado in 2010), 8 EKG tracings done as armbands. I take one from each cardiac arrest/ DOA I run on. Sort of a "counting coup" type of thing. Scary thing is, I've only been in this line of work for 2 years. My arms need to get longer.

I had my ear stretched to about 6/8ths of a inch, but I haven't worn a plug in there in a few years so it's healed down to somewhere near the 0 or 2 gauge. I also have 2 tattoos ^^

Piercings: 2 8s in each ear and nipples
Tattoos: Both fore arms, left chest, and right bicep...with many more to come.
I think I'm done with piercings, but tattoos just never feel wrong!

Both nipples pierced at 10g, had them done when I was 20, wore them for 3 or 4 years, tore one and took them out. Redid them a couple years later, still got em. 3 tats, port and starboard stars on my calves and a Mickey Mouse head with tribal inside on my right shoulder blade. Got burned real bad by that guy, it was my first and he lied through his teeth about his work. Showed me someone else's portfolio and insisted I get it on my back. I was 19. "Permanent reminder of a temporary feeling..." I'm still a Mickey fan, but I really don't like it. I think about getting it covered all the time, but haven't found the right art or artist yet.

I want to get something traditional to sailors, but never having been in the Navy (I race sailboats semi-pro) I don't want any old guys giving me hell over it.

-X

Both nipples pierced at 10g, had them done when I was 20, wore them for 3 or 4 years, tore one and took them out. Redid them a couple years later, still got em. 3 tats, port and starboard stars on my calves and a Mickey Mouse head with tribal inside on my right shoulder blade. Got burned real bad by that guy, it was my first and he lied through his teeth about his work. Showed me someone else's portfolio and insisted I get it on my back. I was 19. "Permanent reminder of a temporary feeling..." I'm still a Mickey fan, but I really don't like it. I think about getting it covered all the time, but haven't found the right art or artist yet.

I want to get something traditional to sailors, but never having been in the Navy (I race sailboats semi-pro) I don't want any old guys giving me hell over it.

-X
Unless it is of a destoryer or sailor jerry flash you should be fine.

Yeah, I thought about getting the ship I apprenticed on done, but finding the right artist has been difficult. I have been on boats that sank, so possibly a pig or chicken should be fine. I haven't crossed the equator yet, so no shellback.

Who knows, it's going to be one of those things you don't actively seek out but more or less falls into place.

Anyone have a recommendations for old timer artists in the SF Bay area? My other stuff was done in Chicago at the Jade Dragon. Can't make it back there for more ink.

-X

I have a lot of tattoos. Right arm full sleeve, left arm 3/4 sleeve, chest piece covers entire chest and comes slightly above the collar of my shirt, one on my left side ribcage, both lower legs covered, and plans to get many more!

I have a single tattoo so far. A large anchor with waves on my right calf. Was 4 hours of work plus about 30 minutes of touch up after healing. Next I want a quarter sleeve on my right arm, a starfish dominating the shoulder for my daughter with a nautical scene filling the rest with at least a sea turtle for my wife.

And pardon the white splotch on the lower part, it is primer from painting.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396796839.838378.jpg

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
BTW, in April of 05, probably the most important and meaningful 'tat' I have is on my (L) calf displaying (the Coat of Arms of the Holy See), my way of self-expression (being catholic & very pious...I thought I should 'wear' my faith
'on my sleeve'). :thumbsup:

My Vatican Tatoo.JPG

342349-1c1dbd34b8c151e9a4eb9029e4464563.jpg
"Tattoos are one's visible stories". CBJ

Last edited:
Where to begin....

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I get their not for everyone. But each one has a meaning for me. I have another one coming up on the 12th of this month. Had my ears pierced years back. Took them out because of work restrictions. Never ended up putting them back in.

62152A2A-9C73-4CF7-B210-63C05D449EC7.jpeg
Just got my first and second tattoos yesterday. I have always wanted to get one since I was a kid but could never commit to anything. Well I am committed to my wife and to God so I had no hesitations getting these....My wife got a heart-shaped locket on her wrist, so you get the idea behind the key...the verse, if you’re interested, is basically how I believe every man should live his life. YMMV.

Top Bottom