What's new

Bob’s Razors

Does anybody know why Bob’s Razors website is closed down? He had an elaborate website with usually 50+ beautifully restored razors for sale. He was a very kind gentleman to deal with. Just curious to know.

Wow, I hope all is well. I have purchased a few of his blades and sent some others in for honing over the years. A true gentleman indeed.

I believe Bob died in 2012, unfortunately. Hopefully others will confirm or correct as I’d hate to be wrong here.

Edit: Thankfully wrong!

Last edited:
July 2021 ?
I’ve always thought that here in
Greece things tend to “go rather slow” ,but never expected that the rest of the world is already moved to summer 2021 or even further than that ,while here we are still stuck in February 2021.

Last edited:
July 2021 ?
I’ve always thought that here in
Greece things tend to “go rather slow” ,but never expected that the rest of the world is already moved to summer 2021 or even further than that ,while here we are still stuck in February 2021.
2020, sorry

I think everyone referred to him as Cooncat Bob if I remember correctly... He made handles, right?

Yes, you're thinking of Robert "Bob" Smith from Bob's Razor Works (nickname was Cooncat Bob). He made really nice razors, some of which have been copied by current razor makers. Bob made some custom keys for some Psycho Razors I was able to obtain 10 years or so ago and I sold a few here. A few days after he sent me the last set of keys it came out that he had died. A great artisan, it was a loss to the wetshaving world.

Someone is dedicated to making this type of Bob's Work handle. I have only found this one that makes Yaqi.

Attachments

• 6B1F3CED-102F-4E0E-9D61-E0EC1F5B9024.png
    6B1F3CED-102F-4E0E-9D61-E0EC1F5B9024.png
    792.9 KB · Views: 6

Yes, you're thinking of Robert "Bob" Smith from Bob's Razor Works (nickname was Cooncat Bob). He made really nice razors, some of which have been copied by current razor makers. Bob made some custom keys for some Psycho Razors I was able to obtain 10 years or so ago and I sold a few here. A few days after he sent me the last set of keys it came out that he had died. A great artisan, it was a loss to the wetshaving world.
You may be correct. There likely was some confusion between Bobsrazors and Bobsrazorworks.

Top Bottom