What's new

Bob Dylan Appreciation Thread - Favorite Album/Song/Cover

Do you have an opinion on this, sir?
Perhaps it has something to do with his encounter with Jesus in 1978. He is quoted as saying he had such an encounter and is quite specific as to what happened. This is all pure speculation on my part, though, as trying to get into Bob Dylan’s head is a fool’s errand.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Perhaps it has something to do with his encounter with Jesus in 1978. He is quoted as saying he had such an encounter and is quite specific as to what happened. This is all pure speculation on my part, though, as trying to get into Bob Dylan’s head is a fool’s errand.
Didn't someone throw a cross or crucifix up on stage at one of his shows that he picked up and kept?

Eric_75

As I walked out tonight in the mystic garden
The wounded flowers were dangling from the vines
I was passing by yon cool and crystal fountain
Someone hit me from behind

Ain't talkin', just walkin'
Through this weary world of woe
Heart burnin', still yearnin'
No one on earth would ever know.....

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I woke up early.. before my wife and our son & his wife. So far, I've listened to Springtime in NY... I can't seem to get enough of that album... and I'm listening to Infidels at the moment.

Eric, I know I've thanked you many times already, but I'm thoroughly enjoying a closer examine of the Dylan albums I own... and quite a few I've never heard before.

I ordered Oh Mercy and Maria Muldaur's Dylan covers album. ;)... they show up today.

Eric_75

I woke up early.. before my wife and our son & his wife. So far, I've listened to Springtime in NY... I can't seem to get enough of that album... and I'm listening to Infidels at the moment.

Eric, I know I've thanked you many times already, but I'm thoroughly enjoying a closer examine of the Dylan albums I own... and quite a few I've never heard before.

I ordered Oh Mercy and Maria Muldaur's Dylan covers album. ;)... they show up today.
Thanks very much, Kim. Please post your reviews of those albums in this thread soon! I need to reorder The Basement Tapes. I may have misplaced it, but I can't find it in my collection. Do you have The Basement Tapes Raw: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 11 by chance? I'm going to revisit Street Legal again today. :001_smile

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Thanks very much, Kim. Please post your reviews of those albums in this thread soon! I need to reorder The Basement Tapes. I may have misplaced it, but I can't find it in my collection. Do you have The Basement Tapes Raw: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 11 by chance? I'm going to revisit Street Legal again today. :001_smile
I don't own of those yet.

I'll take long listens to the new CDs... I got the full box set of Springtime in NY.... a bit of a misstep as a lot of the tunes are from his Charismatic Christian days... the songs I love the best are on the "regular 2 CD" set so I just bought that set. I mentioned this above... but it bears repeating.... The outtake of Sweetheart like you and his Blind Willie McTell.... just those two tunes, are worth the price of admission. ;) I still don't understand why they left Blind Willie McTell off Infidels.....

Bootleg 11 is on Amazon Prime.... thx.. I haven't listened to that yet.... it's expensive to buy ..... 6 hours of music, though. I'll give it a listen. I really like Dylan and the Band. I'm not sure why I've missed that one. I have listened to The Basement Tapes... good stuff.

Last edited:

Eric_75

If you like the Band, have you ever listened to Robbie Robertson's Storyville? What a great album.
I've not heard that album. I only have his first solo album. I'll give it a listen soon though. Thanks! One of my favorite albums by The Band is Islands. Perhaps an odd choice.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've not heard that album. I only have his first solo album. I'll give it a listen soon though. Thanks! One of my favorite albums by The Band is Islands. Perhaps an odd choice.
I'd never seen that one before.. I'll give it a listen

Just put it on... the first song is so nice... thx

Storyville is hmmmm a progression...the tunes in order.. in my view, it has a lush, draw you in flavor.

Top Bottom