What's new

Boars, forever smelly.

I don't think boars should be used every day. In other words, you shouldn't use the same boar brush two days in a row. They take longer than badger and synthetic to dry completely. That is why I don't use any brush two days in a row. I've heard some people say their boars are dry in time for the shave the next day but I would bet that the center of the knot is not dry. And unless you inspect it closely, you won't know. Better to be safe and use a brush rotation of 50 to 60 brushes to ensure that each dries before it is used again. Surely I jest. But I do rotate through 3 boars, 2 to 3 badgers and right now 2 synthetics. No smells. And nice dry brushes for each shave.
I agree completely. I have a synthetic, a boar and a couple of badgers and usually rotate them. The boar (Semogue) takes by far the longest to dry, the badgers are quicker, and the synthetic is quickest and probably could be used every day. The boar brush doesn't even dry fast enough to be used every other day. It never had any smell, though. One of the badgers sure did, but the odor was gone for good after a few days.

I've never had any problems with boar smell and I have 5 omega currently. I've also been using them since august.
I think this whole boar stink issue is blown out of proportion.

I agree. Just not that bad. Next thing you know guys will be complaining that Arko smells bad.

Top Bottom