What's new

Boar'd.... thinking about acquiring different brush

Thinking about getting a new/better boar brush. I have two in my collection and are wondering if all boar brushes are created equal. The two are the Van Der Hagen and an omega professional. Both of these are near the bottom of my list of favorites. Will betting a different change my mind, or are all boar brushes similar in performance and feel?

Of course you need another brush!! :a29:

Semogue, Omega and Zenith are brands that you should check out.

I've been using boar brushes for a week and I'm completely hooked. They're SO different from synthetics - each has a distinctive personality. They have a much more lively face feel and they're brilliant at loading hard soaps. The backbone is a real pleasure, and when it's combined with soft tips you can get something special. So far I have a small vintage Vulfix with quite soft hair (and another coming off eBay), a Semogue 1305 which I got given and has now splayed right out making it quite soft, and a really good Omega 49.

I'll know more when I receive three that are coming to me - A Semogue SOC, a Semogue SOC Taj with mixed boar/badger, and a Zenith 506A. These all have a very good reputation so hoping I'll be enjoying them. I'm on the lookout for some smaller Omegas and Semogues - 22 to 24mm knots and lofts around 52 to 55mm.

I liked the semogue owner’s club so much I now have 2.

Tried the big omega with silver handle and it was good but soc could be my favourite of all brushes

The two boars that you have are probably the roughest out of the bunch. Although the Omega Pro will get better over time but it'll take a while. There are great boar brushes out there that makes great lather and great feel for your face. Couple suggestions are Semogue Owner's Club, Semogue 830, Semogue 1250, Stirling Boar, Zenith boars, and etcs.

Top Bottom