What's new

Boar recommendations...

Nice collection.

Ten bucks shipped?!? Please teach my the ways of the prudent shopper. 🙂
Always check Pasteur's Pharmacy first when looking for shaving gear. And if you live in new york... They have free shipping too. Sure it may take half a week longer to get stuff but the prices are hard to beat. The second place I check prices is Amazon. But some soap makers will not have other places sell their products so it doesn't always help.
Good luck with your buying. Just remember the rabbit hole is deep!

The 27mm/57mm loft Zenith boar knot is very good
This! There's just something about this knot that is wonderfully usable from the get go, and just keeps getting better. It's kind of incredible. I have a bleached one in the copper handle, but I've been eyeing a second unbleached one...

This! There's just something about this knot that is wonderfully usable from the get go, and just keeps getting better. It's kind of incredible. I have a bleached one in the copper handle, but I've been eyeing a second unbleached one...

And this is precisely why I need to try a boar. The users love them, and the brushes are very affordable.

I'll admit that I have gazed in awe at some beautiful $300 badger brushes, but also admit that I would never even consider such an extravagance. Not knocking them, just not that important to me. I'd rather buy a new .22 rifle and a couple bricks of ammo. 😄😄😄

Well, I thought I was getting this:

1652029283220.png

...but instead got this:
Omega-11574-Boar-Bristle-Shaving-Brush-Black-and-Orange_005f8349-8e0c-4299-959e-c3f64e5671e1_1...jpg

...so I'm using the "complimentary" wrong brush which Brad generously gifted me, while I wait for the correct brush to arrive.

Gotta say, I worked up a few practice lathers using some of my more fragrant soaps and the brush is already soft and smells great. Actually used it for today's shave and it's wonderful.

Yeah, a ten dollar brush - it's fantastic.

I looooove my Zenith B33! It definitely had to break in before I even liked it though. Maybe I wasn't gifted with a magic knot hahaha!

It's super soft, and still not moppy-floppy after about a year of use.

Pretty sure this will be my next brush, though I am very happy with my two affordable boars. These boar brushes are a tremendous value.
Should have said "next boar" brush. I'm also liking the Mistura brush. Just beautiful, but a bit more expensive.

Well, I thought I was getting this:

View attachment 1452505
...but instead got this:
View attachment 1452509
...so I'm using the "complimentary" wrong brush which Brad generously gifted me, while I wait for the correct brush to arrive.

Gotta say, I worked up a few practice lathers using some of my more fragrant soaps and the brush is already soft and smells great. Actually used it for today's shave and it's wonderful.

Yeah, a ten dollar brush - it's fantastic.
That black Omega 11574 is even better than the orange one, as it is a bit longer and wider knot. 24/55 (vs the orange 23/50). 11574 has been discontinued.

That black Omega 11574 is even better than the orange one, as it is a bit longer and wider knot. 24/55 (vs the orange 23/50). 11574 has been discontinued.
I think you're correct. I like them both, but favor the black one by a bit. Still, very impressed with boar in general as a great bang-for-the-buck. Everybody should try one.

A friend of mine is interested in traditional wet shaving so I'm giving him my Semogue 1470 to use and he can keep it if he wants it. I wanted to try something else so ordered a Semogue Torga-C3 Extra IT Boar for myself. I've used it 3 times and like it better than the 1470 and the SOC Taj I gave to a coworker; that one was too big for my liking though soft and scrubby once broken in. I gave another coworker a Zenith Short and Scrubby (nice brush but I think it suits his heavier beard better than mine). I'm still getting used to the smallish handle on the Torga but so far I like how the knot feels on my face and can recommend the brush...

A friend of mine is interested in traditional wet shaving so I'm giving him my Semogue 1470 to use and he can keep it if he wants it. I wanted to try something else so ordered a Semogue Torga-C3 Extra IT Boar for myself. I've used it 3 times and like it better than the 1470 and the SOC Taj I gave to a coworker; that one was too big for my liking though soft and scrubby once broken in. I gave another coworker a Zenith Short and Scrubby (nice brush but I think it suits his heavier beard better than mine). I'm still getting used to the smallish handle on the Torga but so far I like how the knot feels on my face and can recommend the brush...
I do love the Torga C3 - I like this knot size and handle is very nice in hand.

What is "Extra IT Bristle" ?
Anybody know the difference between IT and Premium boar ?

Top Bottom