What's new

Boar Knot Sources?

It's been a few years since I restored an old brush handle with a new boar knot, but lately, I've been enjoying my boar brushes a lot and would like to do a couple of more. What's the best source for good-quality boar knots? I see a few on eBay and I know some people scavenge knots from new brushes (Omega, etc.) I don't mind paying a small premium for a good product. I'm in no rush, so if they ship via a slow boat from China, it's no big deal.

They look great! Tell me about the full gel/half gel option. Are they treated with something or are they just different bristle characteristics?
Theyre treated with something. The full gelled is a bit much and I prefer the half gelled. I think it's perfect mix of soft like a synthetic but feel of natural hairs. I have yet to try the non treated shoat but im sure it would be a fantastic knot once broken in.

Fayiz D.

Unbleached Zenith boars are my favourite.

I'm not a fan of heavily processed boar knots, I find they become a bit floppy during the shave.

AFAIK YourShaving in Spain seems one of the sellers with the best shipping rates to buy unbleached Zeniths from.

Top Bottom