What's new

Boar better with a few days growth?

I have a Semogue boar that is great with soap & worthless with creams. I decided to Hell with a rack of brushes and rotation so I bought one fantastic synthetic that does it all!!

Exactly, one good brush for all purposes. I've a Bigger Bambino that attacks creams equally as well as soaps, and is as comfortable to use as best I could imagine. I don't know 'bout 2 or 3 days growth being better for the brush, but it does make a better shave.

if you are speaking of face lathering in my opinion yes. I have a smooth bowl for lathering and I struggle sometimes to get a good lather going but if I use something with some texture, like my hand, the lather comes together a lot easier. A few days of growth would give you something to scrub against and I think this helps. Much like on the second pass once most of the beard is gone, it is harder to get lather to adhere and I find that I need to dab it on to get enough coverage.

If face lather I would say faster lather. With a few days growth it adds a lot of additional agitation to the brush giving me lather faster but not any better.

Top Bottom