What's new

BMW 325i vs. Audi A4 Quattro

hey, this just screams practical:
proxy.php

Austin said:
I do not want to spend over $40K for car that will need to be replaced w/in two years. I did not consider the 330 either because of the price point.

My priorities are comfort because of the time I spend traveling, upkeep, handling and price. Due to my job I sometimes have to take clients, mainly physicians, to lunch or dinner meetings. I would not feel comfortable driving them around in a Toyota Tercel.

The search continues.
You could do worse than the G35 Sedan. Check out the rear entry. It's good if you are hauling more than one client. The interior is very nice too. The Caddy CTX with luxo and sport packages (I like it) is nice. SWMBO thinks it's an old lady's car. Do you begin to get the picture on why I have been at this for a year? :117:

My priorities are comfort because of the time I spend traveling, upkeep, handling and price. Due to my job I sometimes have to take clients, mainly physicians, to lunch or dinner meetings. I would not feel comfortable driving them around in a Toyota Tercel.

The search continues.[/QUOTE]
I have two BMWs. A 1999 528I (150,00 miles) and a 2003 E39 Dinan S2 M5 (85,000). I have done the maintainence on schedule and have never had a problem with either. My experience says that they are extremely reliable cars.
I would look for a well maintained four year old BMW, saving the money through the depreciation, and use the savings for fuel. You will then have a high grade reliable, dignified car for your clients and aquired it the smart way. Btw when is the last time someone asked you if you bought your car new ?

This might be the biggest thread bump that I've ever seen on B&B. Just a shade under a decade.

Good catch. I didn't notice the date the thread started--I was too confused by the math of 40K miles/year with a newer thread. Now I'm just curious as to that the final decision was.

I wonder what he got then traded in for what he has now.....

Good to see all of the old timers back in the forum, even though many have been gone for almost as long as this thread :001_smile

Top Bottom