What's new

BlueJean Strop

I stole some nice foam cushion rubber (3/4" maybe) from a deerstand seat cushion. cut to fit to board. pulled tight and stapled onto board.

twenty laps is my final step before shave ready now.

smooths out and refines sharpness further is my opinion.

@Dave Sl8r id support your technique......but at 5:15 AM I'm usually not wearing jeans!!!! lol.

camo

So you hit the denim after leather? Or vice versa??

Now we are going to need to grade the varieties of denim. Washed, unwashed, stonewashed, acid washed, japanese raw, 501, etc. ha.

i should make a denin hand loom soon.

I like your thinking.

might have to note if there are differences dependent upon origin of manufacture.

"well it all depends upon where the Levi's were made."

camo

I have always done so with knives, now I use my thigh to strop while working at the bench. Works really well. A few laps before and after looking through the lupe let’s me see what’s just gone on without having to stop get up and strop. Wouldn’t hesitate to use one. And interesting ideas on diamond paste with one in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stole some nice foam cushion rubber (3/4" maybe) from a deerstand seat cushion. cut to fit to board. pulled tight and stapled onto board.

twenty laps is my final step before shave ready now.

smooths out and refines sharpness further is my opinion.

@Dave Sl8r id support your technique......but at 5:15 AM I'm usually not wearing jeans!!!! lol.

camo

You should try felt as an underlying component as well.

Yes, I'm lazy! I use the base with balsa and denim strops. .1 and .25 diamond spray, respectively. Works very well for me.

denim-strop-3x11-magnet-backing-19.jpeg

Top Bottom