What's new

Bluebird Hi-Stainless-Platinum DE Blades

From what i gather, they're made in europe.

I just got a box of 100 off of ntguy here on b&b. He's got them listed on ebay as well. I've looked everywhere else for them but no dice.

S

siouxsie

Haven't tried these yet, but IMO they are made by the Derby company and therefore are probably Turkish. I base this on the multiple coatings, the white plastic box with indented circle on back, and the cellophane wrapper that are all very similar to Derby blades.

Yep, made by Derby in Turkey for a company in the UAE. Not suprisingly they look like a Derby, and shave like a Derby.

they might look like derby, but they don't shave like dirby, they are definitely smoother/ sharper in the same razor.

S

siouxsie

Yeah I haven't shaved with one yet, it's in the rotation, but I wasn't meaning to say it shaved like a Derby, because I don't know that yet. But that wouldn't be a bad thing. Neither would it be bad if it were better than the well-regarded (by many) Derby.

i wasn't knocking derbys, they're solid blades, but the easiest way to describe it is a derby, but better in every way.

Just noticed these new blades, Bluebird Hi-Stainless-Platinum,
in the reviews section, apparently made by Derby. Good reviews. Anyone else have anything to add? I wasn't really able to pinpoint their origins at all.

Bearbear, what other blades have you tried, besides Personnas and Feathers?

deby, astra plat, all 3 lords, the dorcos, precision(israeli), dovo de, supermax platinum, merkur...i think i'm forgetting something...got some grenn russian gillettes i'm about to try out...but so far bluebird is hands down my fav

deby, astra plat, all 3 lords, the dorcos, precision(israeli), dovo de, supermax platinum, merkur...i think i'm forgetting something...got some grenn russian gillettes i'm about to try out...but so far bluebird is hands down my fav

interesting. you've tried a variety and like the bluebirds best. i guess i have to try to get my hands on a few.... :smile:

keep us posted if you find something that tops them.

They're just so easy to use, very comfortable and forgiving. Very well rounded blade, and consistent from 2 batches i've tried. Honestly, they're worth giving a try.

I know they're fairly unkown here, and of course YMMV. So its at your discrestion.

They are produced somewhere in europe from what i have found, not a specific location. The packaging is VERY similar to that of Derby.

There is a seller on ebay that has them listed and from what ive heard they provide a great shave.

They have generated several threads lately, the last one I read stated they were manufactured in the same plant as Derby. Thats gotta be pretty similar!

I don't think that even the sellers (not the distributors) know where they come from. Besides, all that matters is how well they shave.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I don't think that even the sellers (not the distributors) know where they come from. Besides, all that matters is how well they shave.

Mmm, origin: unknown... one plausible solution... Krypton!:laugh:

Top Bottom