What's new

Blue Handle Injector

I just saw one of these at an antique store and was wondering if there was any rarity to it. I have seen the gold/cream-colored handles aplenty, but not this dark blue. Oh, and what about the gold see-through handles? I spotted one of those also.

The dark blue handle is most likely a version of the Type G Schick Eversharp and was marketed in 1949 as the Schick 66 since it sold for 66 cents. They are far less common than the other plastic handled Schick Eversharps of that period.

Oh, and it should have a nickel colored head instead of the usual gold head and the head will be textured with a mottled looking appearance.

Here is one from Country Joe's (thanks for the image, Joe!).

proxy.php

Well here are some pictures of an amber handled one that another member has.

According to this, your blue handled razor would be a G4, two models earlier than the amber handled one. Both date from the early 50's.

- Chris

Oh that's cool. Mine just has the gold head with the blue handle. The G's are nicer shavers by the way, beelzulbub. They're well worth picking up.

I just traded a Schick 66 to a B&B member last week. I do have one more, but not in as nice of shape as the one I traded. The head is great, but there is some wear on the handle.

I just traded a Schick 66 to a B&B member last week. I do have one more, but not in as nice of shape as the one I traded. The head is great, but there is some wear on the handle.

So other than the head being finished differently on these, do they differ from the other Type G injectors?

Last edited:
I'm resurrecting this thread because I just picked up one of these Schick G4
"66" razors. This will join my blue handled L1.

What's the general consensus on the aggressiveness/performance of these G series Injectors?

Top Bottom