What's new

"blue" aftershave options what else is out there

Since you know Epsilon Blue already, you could try Myrsol Blue.

Somewhat surprising that there was only one reference to Myrsol Blue so far, but this could be because Myrsol is not so well known outside of the Iberian Peninsula.

I quite like it and if I feel ‘Blue‘ I use either Myrsol or Epsilon.

B.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Floid Blue is very good. I have never tried Epsilon. But for the money, I have always preferred Booster Polar Ice or Aqua Velva Ice Sport when I am hankering for an ocean water splash. :)
The Wilkinson Sword shaving soap stick and Booster Polar Ice are a match made in heaven. The only drawback to the Polar Ice is the lack of menthol- it smells good but isn't very icy at all. The name suggests a cold splash in the face, but that's not what you get. Still a top notch aftershave.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The Wilkinson Sword shaving soap stick and Booster Polar Ice are a match made in heaven. The only drawback to the Polar Ice is the lack of menthol- it smells good but isn't very icy at all. The name suggests a cold splash in the face, but that's not what you get. Still a top notch aftershave.

It’s definitely no cryogen in the cooling department but it does seem to match AV’s menthol level to me?

I agree, it does smell good and I’m not a big ocean water guy. I have tried and used many soaps in the decade I have been doing this, but Wilkinson Sword is one I have slept on. I will have to remedy that and get a stick of it and dig my Booster Polar Ice out from storage and give them a try. :)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
It’s definitely no cryogen in the cooling department but it does seem to match AV’s menthol level to me?

I agree, it does smell good and I’m not a big ocean water guy. I have tried and used many soaps in the decade I have been doing this, but Wilkinson Sword is one I have slept on. I will have to remedy that and get a stick of it and dig my Booster Polar Ice out from storage and give them a try. :)
The Wilkie stick and Polar Ice smell like a matched set of soap/aftershave. Years ago JM Fraser's made high quality budget creams in several of the Booster scents. I had a small tub of Polar Ice cream. It was excellent. They also made a cream in the Booster Mosswood scent. I still have a tub of that, and although it's nearly as hard as a soap now it still makes terrific lather. Mosswood is probably the nicest Booster after shave scent. Their take on bay rum is also really interesting. A very unique bay rum. Sadly, the creams are no more.

The Spanish aftershave Beau Brummel is really good IMO. For more of a cheap American skunk juice variety, I like Lucky Tiger's blue AS offering. Goes on like a skunk but dries down to something powdery.

I know this is an old exchange, but for the record, and to provide a fuller picture for people "shopping for blues" --- the way I encountered this exchange just now:

I personally don't care much for the Wilkinson Sword blue stick shaving soap. While I was very excited to get it -- it looks totally cool, and I had heard great things about the lather -- I just think it smells too "clinical"-- too much like some hospital cleaning agent.

A point of critic also on the Epsilon blue Mediteranean aftershave:
While I do think the fragrance is fantastic, and overall it is a brilliant aftershave, the scent does linger for a very long time. I prefer aftershaves which don't linger all day. Also, there is a lot of glycerin in Epsilon blue med, count on having a sticky face pretty much all day.
On both these accounts for comparison, I think Aqua Velva has an edge over Epsilon Blue, less sticky, and less lingering. But scent is different, and Epsilon blue has a brilliant scent, loads of menthol too, which I lovely.

Last edited:
proxy.php

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
One of my absolute favorite aquatic scents is Fine Aquamarine. It's more of a citrus infused aquatic than a blue barbershop, but I'm a big fan of the scent.

Top Bottom