What's new

Blooming Razorock Soaps

Curious about how others are getting along with the main line of Razorock soaps. I have had 8 of them for Th em last year, roughly. Some I love for the fragrance alone, others I want to like for the value and variety. I have always found that their performance for me has just been underwhelming.

My typical artisan choice is A&E and I also have a decent selection of other popular production soaps. I get more consistent lathering and performance from all of these other soaps, and Razorock just seems to fall short.

As a general practice, I don’t bloom my soaps, with the exception of MWF, and Tabac ever so slightly. I was contemplating my Razorock soaps on BST, but decided to give them a shot and trying them bloomed. (The exceptions being my jars of SMDF and DEAD SEA, which I haven’t had any issues with). Well, I’m happy to say these soaps have been an entirely different animal since making this change.

There are so many who sing the praises of the brand, and I’m curious how many others find this soap benefits from blooming? Are they good soaps for you, and how do you go about getting the most out of these soaps?

I’ve never found the need to bloom MWF. Razorock soaps are so much softer... croaps if you will. I don’t think the thought had even crossed my mind to try this with them. I’m curious if the water from the soak would cause the product to either break down or break up the soap, resulting in burning through the product faster.

I’m a big fan of the XXX, and while I have an older batch of some of the soaps, I’ve heard the reformulation that includes Shea butter and Argan oil, are much better.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I’ve never bloomed them as they’re croaps. I think the problem is that RR soaps are value-oriented, barbershop-grade soaps, they aren’t top of the line artisan or mainstream soaps, and weren’t intended to be. No disrespect to RR, they are a fine value choice, and unlike many artisan soaps, most of them actually smell good, which is a big plus for me.

I think blooming is completely unnecessary with softer soaps. Better to just use a wetter brush and load for a little longer to load more soap.
^ This !
RR soaps ,especially the new formula ,while not being artisan soaps ,they are fine as italian croaps .They are pretty decent
“everyday” soaps.

Since they are very soft soaps I just scoop some into my lathering bowl and proceed as if it were a cream. I really like Razorock soaps.

I just load my RR soaps like all my others, heavy. Comparing RR soaps to top artisan soaps
doesn't do them justice, especially value wise. I have several both vegan and tallow and I like them all.
And as noted above, XXX is a really good soap, one of my many favorites

I bloom the WTP hard soaps, I don't bloom any of the others. So far, of the croap type soaps from RR, the one that I found works the best is their Blue Fougere. I get a great lather out of that one. The other ones that I have have been more hit or miss. Gold, for instance, I haven't been able to get a decent lather out of it yet. I guess I might have to load it more aggressively.

I bloom all my Razorocks and honestly their performance is maybe only a half whisker away from the top tier soaps. Great scents and when you factor in the price they are hard to beat.

Top Bottom