What's new

Blood?

DE, very rarely these days. That being written, I've recently made the move to straights. I was trying a tricky XTG maneuver and made a shallow but long (about 1 inch) vertical slice by my jaw line. I didn't have the skin pulled as tight as I should and my attention drifted.

XTG using dominant hand on the same side can be tough and is usually done somewhat "blind". I suggest if you have not tried so already, to use opposite hand for each side XTG. IE Left hand for XTG on your right side cheek and vice versa.

Personally, I gave up on most XTG passes with the straight and went WTG then ATG with a couple of diagonals where needed on the neck.

Everyone's beard map is different.

Frank

I've only been at this a couple of months, and still get them every couple of weeks. more about irritation that starts to bleed a bit, or once in a while my technique breaks down for a few seconds and i get a nick

Not yet, but I'm sure I'll have to keep am eye on that now.

Didn't mean to jinx anything for you. I'm sure it would be different for folks who use different shaped straights. I know I didn't do it at all with the Feather SS or RG I tried out. But with my Dovo and a couple vintage blades I've had, every single time I get at least one earlobe. I never even feel it. I just notice the blood running down my neck.

With a DE....pretty much never. With my straights it's more frequent. Let a Spanish point get away from me for a sec this week and pow.

I rarely ever draw blood but lately since I switched to a more aggressive razor I have been nicking myself under my ears, its the weirdest thing. No blood, but still takes a way from a great shave! #troublespots :lol:

Since I've been using my less aggressive razor (pre-war tech) and use my EJ DE89L much less I tend to forget that the EJ is a tad more aggressive. A week ago I was using my EJ and nicked below my left ear. It's still hearing up now as I type this reply! I really should use my EJ more often! lol

Last edited:
Never. $uploadfromtaptalk1412475530501.jpg

I suppose technically, I get weepers every now and then(once a month or so). Genuine nicks/gashes/cuts are indeed different and quite rare for this wet shaver. Just to refine my post a bit. Thanks.

Probably a weeper once every few weeks or so. There is one bump on my chin that I nick about every 2 weeks depending on the razor and how rushed I am.

Damn man...got yourself pretty good! Like I mentioned before, I've been real lucky so far, with some weepers here and there. I need to be a tad more careful.

Yeah, I did. To be fair, I was using this with a feather.$Old type No bottom cap.jpg I knew to be careful, yet I was not careful. It really isn't as bad as the picture looks. I am a bleeder.

With straights, about every other time there's blood (though no major cuts for a while). With DE's I get weepers periodically, once a month or less, maybe. Generally there's some "flaw" (wound) that was there from a straight razor that turns into a weeper from going over the spot with a DE.

Top Bottom