What's new

Blood thinners be damned

i don’t care any more. I’m going back to my Schick J injector and my Supply injector.
I have tried all of the safer options and none gives me the same satisfaction I get with an injector.

I tried many cartridge razors and an electric. None can hold a candle to the closeness and comfort I get with an injector.

I have my septic pencil at the ready and away I go.

Spoken like a true SISSY. I just had a thinner added to my Chemo, and I am also of such a mind--after all, no cut, no bleed, and I cut myself far less with a trusty Injector than with any other razor.

I am on Pradaxa, and I leak like a sieve when punctured. So far I haven't had any cuts from shaving that my alum block didn't handle. Touch wood. A dampened tea bag can stop bleeding from small cuts. I also keep Wound Seal on hand. I wish you luck!

There is little chance of cutting oneself with the somewhat mild Schick Type J. I never have, and I have thin older skin and I take 2 baby aspirins each day.

I’ve been on blood thinners and low dose aspirin for the past 8 years. Haven’t cut myself once shaving.... Now working in the yard, replacing plumbing, etc is a different story, any number of cuts, scrapes, etc.

Been taking anti-coagulants for many years since my DVT. Also take an Ibuprofen from time to time and that really causes me to get weepers (no nicks or cuts) with just any razor/blade combo I have. Doesn't matter. Past bleeders re-open during the next shave (at times). Alum block and/or styptic fix it. No big deal. Sometimes I'll go for a month blood free. Bonus! However, my 71 year old skin, tough beard, and obsessive compulsive behavior will ultimately lead me to....well, you know. I have in my rotation: Rex Ambassador (Astra SP blades), Paradigm Titanium SE (Schick Prolines), and OneBlade Genesis V2 (Feather blades). Least blood letting and irritation from the Genesis V2. The other razors do well with me too.

Am 70 years plus and on 9 mg warfarin on odd numbered days and 10mg on even number days. On Plavix too. Use vintage double edge with Astra or Feathers EVERY DAY! I'm 9 years retired so I can take my time and do a good job! Never have any leakage unless I work in the flower beds! To life and friends!!

Top Bottom