What's new

Blood Moon Tonight

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ve got a great view from my back porch but I won’t be watching.

iPhone photo

B686C216-3DEB-417D-84FF-7B6EA89647F1.jpeg

iPad Pro photo
8EA3AD92-A174-46A6-8769-64B61194F5FA.jpeg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
The one time insomnia might actually be vaguely useful, I'll probably not suffer with it :lol: I doubt I'll have a view of it from my window, but if I'm still awake, I might take a little stroll outside.

Can't watch.
Detailed Forecast
Tonight Freezing rain or ice pellets changing to rain at times heavy this evening then to ice pellets or freezing rain before morning. Fog patches developing near midnight. Rainfall amount 25 mm. Wind northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50 except gusting to 70 along parts of the coast this evening. Wind becoming south 20 gusting to 40 late this evening then light overnight. Temperature rising to 9 this evening then falling. Wind chill minus 6 overnight.​
:frown2:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
This is what I saw from the front deck about 9:30 CT, when I remembered to go out and look.

DSC_0003.JPG

This is what it looked like a bit ago at 10:30 CT. The shadow looked a lot darker with the naked eye than what the camera picked up.

DSC_0007.JPG

And at 10:45 CT.

DSC_0003.JPG

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My son just took one about 1130pm Eastern. 3 degrees Fahrenheit below zero, but no wind to speak of.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I just went out and looked. All I saw was clouds. And then something moved in the yard and I bolted inside.

Really nice pics Mike!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Great pics Mike. I couldn't get a pic with my cellphone, but I last went out about 1055 central time, it was about 7/8 eclipsed and not nearly as red as I thought it would be, but still neat to see. Had to get up at 0430 so I couldn't stay up to see the full effect.

Nice pics Mike!
It was a clear night here, but it didn't hit totality until around midnight and I had to get up at 4:30 this morning. Also didn't help that it was sub zero temp. I saw the beginning of it, but didn't get any pics.

Top Bottom