What's new

Blind Paper Review

The blind paper review has arrived! Here is your golden chance to test out papers in an unbiased manner. Once we are all settled in Claudel Xerxes will be sending out about 10-12 paper samples. They will be label A-Z. Some papers will be pocket sized leaflets, some will be notebook sized.
The participants will need to review the papers and tell us your objective findings and personal opinions of the papers. Photos would be of great help but not required so long as your assessments are descriptive and thorough. The objective for all of this is to have fun without any set biases of the papers. No doubt we will all be learning and most likely be pleasantly surprised by these paper results.

The requirements:
- Please, if you sign up be committed to review the papers and post the reviews on this thread (or whichever thread I designate to do so in) within a week (or so) after receiving the samples.
- You must be a member for at least 30 days and have at least 50 quality posts.
- You must have at least one post in The Nib forum. Please, paste a link to your post or provide the thread title and post number of your post when signing up.
- The papers can be shipped internationally. Non-CONUS members are welcome to signup and participate.

The number of participants that I'm shooting for is about 6 but it depends on how many members sign up. If there are more members signed up than I can accommodate I'll randomly draw who gets to participate.
I'll keep this sign up going until August 27th or 28th. The samples will be sent out sent out sometime when Erik- Claudel Xerxes gets the chance which should be shortly once we get the ball rolling.

Copy and paste the signup list. Also provide a link to your post in The Nib:

0. Radium (example)

Last edited by a moderator:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Just to clarify, "You must have at least one post in The Nib forum. Please, paste a link to your post or provide the thread and post number when signing up." has been edited to: "You must have at least one post in The Nib forum. Please, paste a link to your post or provide the thread title and post number of your post when signing up." We're just looking for a link to a single post (comment) made in The Nib. A link to the post would be fine, but if for whatever reason it's difficult for someone to copy and paste a link, then they can just tell us the thread title and the post number that indicates their post. For example, I could either post: Blind Paper Review Signup Thread (August 2017) , or post: Blind Paper Review Signup Thread (August 2017), post #4.

Last edited:
1. Heckle
2. Vacumatic
3. Kcore
4. dws (Write Notepads thread author)

Thank you for the opportunity!

Indeed Erik it is looking good! I would like to say this blind paper review doesn't have to be a rocket science report with a zillion word essay or a mona lisa work of art but the key thing is to be descriptive/objective on your findings and to share your personal opinions of these sample papers. Bottom line is to have fun in this learning experience. The nice thing is you won't need to buy the whole note book or pads and you might end up not liking some of them but you'll get a nice sample package from Claudel Xerxes sent to you for review.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Just to let everyone know, I can handle more than six participants. So, if some of you are debating to sign-up, but didn't want to take someone else's spot, by all means, sign-up!

1. Heckle
2. Vacumatic
3. Kcore
4. dws
5.natenaaron
6. Jfavre

I posted in and participated in your blind ink review. I'll find it and update this later

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Hey folks,

Since I am going to be the one supplying and shipping the paper, I offered @Radium an opportunity to participate as well, and he said that he was willing. So, it looks like we have 8 total participants. Radium will still be in charge of keeping track of all of your entries and making sure that everyone is completing the reviews in a timely manner, but I will now be revealing each sample as they are completed.

The samples will be mailed out in the next few days. Because a few of these are going to mailed overseas, it might take slightly longer before everyone receives their samples.

I'm looking forward to this one! :thumbup:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Well, the envelopes are in the mail. They might be slow on delivery since this is a American holiday weekend. Also, a reminder to everyone to please be patient with this review. These might take a bit to reach all of the participants since they are being send to China, England, Canada, and a few places throughout the US.

This is awesome @Claudel Xerxes! I can`t wait to try out these papers in an unbiased situation. Thanks for your generosity in providing the sample papers and your time and effort starting up this paper review and sending them to us!

Top Bottom