What's new

Blind Ink Review

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I want to give a few of the members of The Nib a chance to have a little fun and do a blind ink review. The review will be conducted as follows. I will have 4-6 different inks that I will label: A, B, C, etc. I will send each of the participants a 1-2ml sample of each of the inks. The participants will need to review the inks and tell us your objective findings and personal opinions of the inks. Pictures are always a plus, but not required as long as your assessments are descriptive and thorough. The point is to have fun trying some inks without any preconceived biases of the inks.

The requirements:
  • Please, if you signup, be committed to review the inks and post the reviews on this thread (or whichever thread I designate to do so in) within a week (or so) after receiving the samples.
  • You must be a member for at least 30 days and have at least 50 quality posts.
  • CONUS only. Sorry, but shipping internationally could get more expensive than I'm willing spend.
  • You must have at least one post in The Nib forum. Please, provide a link to a post that you've made.

I'm not sure yet what the participant cutoff number will be. Right now 6 is the magic number, but it all depends on how many members signup. If there are more members signed up than I am able to accommodate, I might switch things up a bit. More than likely, I'll randomly draw who gets to participate from the members who are signed up. Long story short, just because you're the first to signup, does not mean that you're guaranteed to participate.

I'll keep this signup going until the 27th or 28th. The samples will be sent out sometime between the 29th and the 1st.

Copy and paste the signup list. Also provide a link to your post in The Nib:

0. Claudel Xerxes (example)

Last edited:
I'd be interested. Fair warning, I've never written up a formal review, although I've read many. I'm also going to be awol the last two weeks of September, but if samples go out in the indicated window, there should be ample time.

1. vanhooglesnort
2. NinthSphere

Here's one of my Nib posts.

im in,

1. vanhooglesnort
2. NinthSphere
3. bberg100
4. Kcore
5. tetraodon

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/498370-Modern-inks-in-vintage-fountain-pens

I wouldn't mind being in. If 6 is the magic number, and someone else wants to take my spot, I would not feel slighted, as I have used a fair amount of inks over the years...maybe have someone who is more of a noob take my spot.

1. vanhooglesnort
2. NinthSphere
3. bberg100
4. Kcore
5. tetraodon
6. Jut

I have made a few posts...here is one of many.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I wouldn't mind being in. If 6 is the magic number, and someone else wants to take my spot, I would not feel slighted, as I have used a fair amount of inks over the years...maybe have someone who is more of a noob take my spot.

Six was just the number of participants that I was hoping for to get a bit of a mix in opinions. After a certain number, I'll need to start altering how I want to do this- i.e. if I have 40 participants, then I won't be able to provide 40 1ml samples from a 30ml bottle of ink. Seeing as there are only a few days left to signup, I think that I should be in the clear. :001_smile

Six was just the number of participants that I was hoping for to get a bit of a mix in opinions. After a certain number, I'll need to start altering how I want to do this- i.e. if I have 40 participants, then I won't be able to provide 40 1ml samples from a 30ml bottle of ink. Seeing as there are only a few days left to signup, I think that I should be in the clear. :001_smile
Well, then consider me all in.[emoji106]

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Well... I'm calling it!

I have six inks that I will be giving everyone to try. I'll send them sometime in the next few business days.

Please, PM me your shipping info., Gentlemen.

1. [MENTION=102411]vanhooglesnort[/MENTION]
2. [MENTION=104546]NinthSphere[/MENTION]
3. [MENTION=82859]bberg100[/MENTION]
4. [MENTION=103890]kcore[/MENTION]
5. [MENTION=103988]tetraodon[/MENTION]
6. @Jut

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Work and the start of a new semester has me slightly backed up. I have the samples packed and ready to go. If I can't get to the post office tomorrow, before or after work, then I'll arraign to have them shipped on Thursday. Thanks, for participating, guys! I'm looking forward to seeing how the reviews go! :thumbup:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Everyone should get their inks on Tuesday. I've been pressed for time lately, so no personalized notes for anyone. :blush: The inks are labeled A-F. The label stickers weren't sticking very well, so I also labeled the caps.

Top Bottom