What's new

Blanton's???

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
On my way!

I checked this site last night.

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/sto...storeId=10203&catalogId=10051&productId=56284

The same store in Ottawa had 27 bottles and that was it for all of Ontario. This morning I see a store in Toronto has 16 bottles so restocking is happening right now. Christmas is coming so I'm not surprised.

Screenshot_2019-12-04 Store Locator.png

If you have a store you deal with often you might pop in and have a talk with them and see if they'll reserve you a bottle or 3.

I may be crossing up memories as it’s been a while since I had original makers. I remember it having a HEAVY cherry taste. Perhaps it’s not as bad as I remember
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legally it can't be called bourbon if it has any added flavors. I've been to the distillery and even tasted the mash and
no cherry flavor, honest. However, Maker's is not my idea of a "great" or even a "good" bourbon. Here we save it for
the people at parties that mix foreign substances into an otherwise good bourbon. The most prominent flavor in a good to great bourbon is generally the woody vanilla flavor from the barrels and there should be no "bite" or roughness at the back of your throat. No two bourbons are created the same. Woodford reserve for example uses modern temperature controlled storage facilities to store and age their bourbon while Four Roses and the like use "rick houses"(sometimes misnamed "rack houses") that are dependent on the weather and frequent shifting of barrels to different levels of the rick house to ensure consistency in their product.
Unknown-1.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg

Wrong Place is 100% correct.... Ever since John Wick took a slug of the Blanton's it's popularity has skyrocketed....." free plug " or somebody " cut a deal "....

Legally it can't be called bourbon if it has any added flavors. I've been to the distillery and even tasted the mash and
no cherry flavor, honest. However, Maker's is not my idea of a "great" or even a "good" bourbon. Here we save it for
the people at parties that mix foreign substances into an otherwise good bourbon. The most prominent flavor in a good to great bourbon is generally the woody vanilla flavor from the barrels and there should be no "bite" or roughness at the back of your throat. No two bourbons are created the same. Woodford reserve for example uses modern temperature controlled storage facilities to store and age their bourbon while Four Roses and the like use "rick houses"(sometimes misnamed "rack houses") that are dependent on the weather and frequent shifting of barrels to different levels of the rick house to ensure consistency in their product.View attachment 1040713View attachment 1040714

Admittedly I’m not a huge Bourbon guy but I did know most of that. I might have given the wrong impression, I didn’t mean an added Cherry flavor. I remember a very sweet bourbon with a heavy “cherry” note. It’s possible I’m remembering something else though as this would’ve been 10 years ago or so and admittedly I had a limited palate, still do lol

Well I scoured my local hot spots and found ONE bottle of Blanton’s in the entire town. So I bought it.

proxy.php

And now one with an orange for scale [emoji23]. Definitely one of the most beautiful 50ml bottles I’ve seen

proxy.php

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
If only I could find one of those for Walkers Blue and Pappys 23 lol.

It is crazy how Blanton's and Weller seem to have gotten so scarce. Was just visiting a buddy in Ohio and he laughed when I mentioned how hard it is to find those two here in SoCal, he said they had several local stores with plenty of both in stock for non-inflated prices.

It is crazy how Blanton's and Weller seem to have gotten so scarce. Was just visiting a buddy in Ohio and he laughed when I mentioned how hard it is to find those two here in SoCal, he said they had several local stores with plenty of both in stock for non-inflated prices.

I’m in Western KY and I found one bottle of Weller 107 last week. Priced at $75. I declined

I received a Total Wine circular in the mail yesterday that advertised Blanton's. But when I check availability at the store near me, it shows none available. I guess I'll just keep an eye out for it. The advertised price is $65 or $70.

I remember a very sweet bourbon with a heavy “cherry” note.

Everyone's palate is different. You may just be more sensitive to something others can't taste.

On another note, one of the distillery's was bought out by the Japanese who (export only thank God) add all kinds of additional crap to perfectly good bourbon for their market.

I had to go grab it because I forgot to look and I learned something, the 50 ml stopper doesn’t have a letter. Can’t cheat your way to a whole set lol

They have some nice display stands if you ever complete a set though. For those that don't know, Feynmansbongos and I are referring to the letter on the cap just below the horse's right rear hoof. In my photo it's an "A". There are different letters and you can collect a set to spell out "Blanton's" for the entire set.

Blanton's.jpg

I’m relieved to see that I haven’t just been missing the bottles of Blanton as I casually look at bourbons through my travels. I’ve enjoyed the few times I’ve been served it, but haven’t gone out of my way to find a bottle.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
They have some nice display stands if you ever complete a set though. For those that don't know, Feynmansbongos and I are referring to the letter on the cap just below the horse's right rear hoof. In my photo it's an "A". There are different letters and you can collect a set to spell out "Blanton's" for the entire set.

View attachment 1041072
All the horses and jockeys are different too. If they are placed on a turnstile it gallops. Don't mix up your "n"s!

I've been told the Ocean (aged at sea) is the better variety by friends but I have no personal experience as of yet.
====
It is one in a series of Jefferson Reserve bourbons and the standard Jefferson Reserve
(msrp ~60 and available for just under 40) is my go to bourbon. My son bought me a bottle of Ocean once and it was surprisingly good but more than i want to spend for what i want to always have on hand.

Just came back from Israel and found this amazing place. As a bourbon drinker it was heaven overseas as most places seem to think all whisky is scotch. Over 1000 bottles and some really good flights to try. Hebrew notwithstanding above the link takes you to the english version.

Top Bottom