What's new

Blanton's???

Just came back from Israel and found this amazing place. As a bourbon drinker it was heaven overseas as most places seem to think all whisky is scotch. Over 1000 bottles and some really good flights to try. Hebrew notwithstanding above the link takes you to the english version.

A former Mossad hideout? Intriguing.

If I ever find a bottle of Blantons I'll try it, but for now I'll have to settle for the Elijah Craig small batch and a bonus is Costco has it in the 1.75 bottle for $45

Blanton's seems to be rare in most parts. My suggestion is to get to know your local purveyor a bit. Often if you have built some rapport with them, they will either reserve a bottle for you or tip you off as to when they are getting some shelf stock. I've found this generally works even in areas where the state runs all the stores. Has kept me in Blanton's and various rare Japanese bottles for the past few years.

Blanton's seems to be rare in most parts. My suggestion is to get to know your local purveyor a bit. Often if you have built some rapport with them, they will either reserve a bottle for you or tip you off as to when they are getting some shelf stock. I've found this generally works even in areas where the state runs all the stores. Has kept me in Blanton's and various rare Japanese bottles for the past few years.

Blanton's IS better than "good" bourbon. It's NOT one of the "best" but it IS "good".
That said there are many bourbons in that same category. W.B. Saffell, Basil, Hayden,
Woodford Reserve, Old Forrester, are all good bourbons you don't have to mortgage your first born for - and probably more readily available. Four Roses is not bad depending on whether you prefer the small batch or the single barrel. Personally I prefer the small batch for it's consistency. And of course, this is just my personal opinion.

enjoy blanton's, altho getting harder to find. nowadays mostly available on internet for 2x and 3x regular retail.

blantons march 25 2018.jpg

Blanton's IS better than "good" bourbon. It's NOT one of the "best" but it IS better than"good".That said there are many bourbons in that same category. W.B. Saffell, Basil Hayden, Woodford Reserve, Old Forrester, are all good bourbons you don't have to mortgage your first born for - and probably more readily available. Four Roses is not bad depending on whether you prefer the small batch or the single barrel. Personally I prefer the small batch for it's consistency. And of course, this is just my personal opinion.

Blanton’s is typically my Friday night pour. It’s allocated now, so difficult to find but worth the search. The hunt is part of the fun in the bourbon game. There are many very good bourbons readily available. Early Times bottled in bond is a fantastic value
5BF68471-863A-48E1-8858-9042F23CE07D.jpeg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I actually had a chance to pick up a bottle earlier this week, but I really couldn't justify driving about 45-60 minutes, one way in holiday traffic, to go by it. Again, it's very good stuff, but it just isn't worth a bunch of trouble when there are many excellent choices at the store that's about five minutes away on foot.

Spent a little over a week in Cozumel and Merida, Mexico. Found a liquor store with about 30 bottles and yes you guessed it...I purchased 5.

20191229_153924.jpg

Top Bottom