What's new

Blades

I essentially use 2 "blades" these days: 80% Personna Meds and 20% Feathers. Both shave fine, 2 passes to BBS or thereabouts.

In general
the Meds are smooth and long lasting while the Feathers have a sharper/harsher feel and seem to wear out faster.

But I find a significant variance among blades in a box. Sometimes a Med feels harsh like a Feather and sometimes a Feather feels smooth. The number of shaves I get from any particular brand varies too. And I'm surprised sometimes to find that I was using a Feather when I thought it was a Med.

I've been using doing this for years and have had the same experience with other blade brands.

I can't judge a blade by its brand...

I'm using all my tucks and pairing down to med preps & Voskhod. I might do a bulk order of Polsilver but basically I'm happy with these two. I'd even be happy with just one of them. The price for Voskhod is so cheap right now though that it just doesn't make sense for me to use anything else. I haven't had the same experience with med preps but I haven't used many either. My only complaint would be they only give a few great shaves, but man, they're the best I get.

I've experienced some difference in blades within the same tuck as well. My three of choice are Silver Star, Durasharp, and Bolzano. I throw in a 10 blade tuck of Timor for a change of pace every now and then.

Top Bottom