What's new

Blades

I know this topic reveals many differences of opinion but I'm hoping to avoid having to try too many different blades before deciding on one to stick with. My experience thus far has been with Merkur and Derby blades. I got a smoother, less irritated shave with the Derby extras. Maybe the Merkur is just not for my face type or am I doing something wrong? Not sure. I don't want to buy the swedes, israelies, feather, wilinson, etc.... if I don't have to. Any advice from my experience so far on what might possible be my shaving steel holy grail?

Buy a sampler pack from letterk (John). That way you can affordable try each blade.

Having said this, DERBY'S RULE!

I have plenty of sampler packs left. PM if you're interested.

I'm with Kyle. Derbys are my favorite, regardless of price.

HeadandFaceShaver said:
I know this topic reveals many differences of opinion but I'm hoping to avoid having to try too many different blades before deciding on one to stick with. My experience thus far has been with Merkur and Derby blades. I got a smoother, less irritated shave with the Derby extras. Maybe the Merkur is just not for my face type or am I doing something wrong? Not sure. I don't want to buy the swedes, israelies, feather, wilinson, etc.... if I don't have to. Any advice from my experience so far on what might possible be my shaving steel holy grail?

I get on really well with Wilkinson Sword blades, some people here don't rate them very highly but they certainly shave me best out of all I've tried. I can't get Feathers here.

As Randy points out, encure.com is a good place to buy them reasonably. If you have the time and patience, you can save a few buck by winning an ebay auction for them.

letterk said:
I have plenty of sampler packs left. PM if you're interested.

I'm with Kyle. Derbys are my favorite, regardless of price.

Definitly going to purchase a pack of the samplers! I hope I find one that reduces neck irritation!

Top Bottom