What's new

Blades you like that doesn't get much love

Does anyone know who makes the blades for VDH? BTW I saw that Food Lion had the VDH razor on sale as well this morning.
No one knows for sure, but the ice tempered ones might be Timor. If they dropped the ice tempering branding, they might be Merkur.

Van Der Hagen's "Ice Tempered" Stainless Steel blade.

I did the last One-Blade Challenge last February riding a single VDH blade for the entire month and beyond a few shaves. I was impressed. Not every blade can go 30 shaves. Heck, most faces can't do 30 shaves with one blade. But I suspect it perform fine for one-and-done or 7-shave guy. The blade itself.

Cost has given the VDH the stink eye. And being available in a grocery store.View attachment 1667064

P.S. Just noticed that "Ice Tempered" is no longer on the packaging. Different blade? Super Stainless vs Ice Tempered Stainless. Hmmm. They are trying to be like Personna and confuse us shavers.
30 cents per blade is a no go for me considering I can get Nacets for 10 cents a blade and GSB for 15 cents a blade.

Pretty much anything from the Lord stable is an excellent blade that flies under the radar. Like @Quaznoid I particularly like ASCO and Big Ben.

Muhle blades don't get much love here either but that is perhaps unsurprising as they are rather on the costly end of the blade spectrum.

Bic Astor stainless (red pack). My #1 blade! Nothing like the yellow Bic Chrome platinum:

full

Just finished off a week last night with the Lord Platinum Class blade. I have to say it was a fantastic blade for me. I think I had one DFS shave and the rest was smooth heavenly BBS shaves! The blade did not need any pushing to get that either. Stayed sharp and smooth the entire week. I will try the Lord Platinum blade at some point as well and compare how it is to the "Class" version. @Ckmaui you were right, it is a great blade.

Just finished off a week last night with the Lord Platinum Class blade. I have to say it was a fantastic blade for me. I think I had one DFS shave and the rest was smooth heavenly BBS shaves! The blade did not need any pushing to get that either. Stayed sharp and smooth the entire week. I will try the Lord Platinum blade at some point as well and compare how it is to the "Class" version. @Ckmaui you were right, it is a great blade.

will be curious what ya think of the regular without the class :) again for me with the packaging almost being identical the shave was far from the same :)

it is the fav of the lord blades for me that I tried :)

Rarely mentioned are also Laser ultra triple coated and Gillette 365. They are really good blades..
Same class, for me, as personna lab blue and med prep but cheaper.
well worth a try.

Pretty much anything from the Lord stable is an excellent blade that flies under the radar. Like @Quaznoid I particularly like ASCO and Big Ben.

Muhle blades don't get much love here either but that is perhaps unsurprising as they are rather on the costly end of the blade spectrum.

Lord Super Chrome's are very very good for me in a Muhle R89

Top Bottom