What's new

Blades similar to derby

i am currently using the derby standard and premium blades... like to know if there is anything which are better but not harsh as i have sensitive skin ...but shave better and smoother?
Personally, I recommend Zorrik Super Platinum, Rapira Platinum Lux, Personna Reds, GSB, Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow, and Astra SP.
All great blades for me, and can be found at reasonable prices.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

thinking of getting vokshods, any good ideas where to get them online purchase ship to asia?

checked ebay its too pricey...

"Blades that are like Derby's" I would say "Derby's" The company is trying their best to create confusion in their product line. If you really want a Derby shave, just buy the latest Derby, Premium, USTA... with the highest price. With luck you might get a blade from the new production process.
Good luck.

Derby's were my first 100 blade purchase in 2009 and I wound up giving most away after a month or two. For a better mild, smooth blade, I'd recommend Astra SP or Personna Reds. Almost 10 years later, and after trying many others, Astra & Reds work best in all my DE's. I do like Merkur blades, but Astra SP's and Reds at $.10 a blade are as good as Merkur's costing $.50 a blade. If you want a sharp, more expensive blade, then try Feather or 7'oclock Yellows.

How can you tell the difference between the old and the new derbys?
This may help;
Derby Extra.JPG

i am using the derby old stock and the dery premium black packaging blades..

i find that they work better without water touching yr skin, only the shaving soap/foam or blade...dipping water in yr skin seems to give more razor burn aftershave

can it be my skin is too sensitive?

i am using the derby old stock and the dery premium black packaging blades..

i find that they work better without water touching yr skin, only the shaving soap/foam or blade...dipping water in yr skin seems to give more razor burn aftershave

can it be my skin is too sensitive?
You might have to explain that one a little more. Do you mean it works better if you put soap or foam on dry skin and then shave? Which blade, original Derby or Derby Premium?

You might have to explain that one a little more. Do you mean it works better if you put soap or foam on dry skin and then shave? Which blade, original Derby or Derby Premium?

Mix godrej with a bit of water to get a medium levle dilution and lather using brush
only tested with premium...my likely explanation is that water softens the skin and makes it more vulnerable to cuts.

I still have some older Derby blades (and have not tried their newer offerings). The closest that I have tried recently are two Chinese offerings, Tian Li (very similar to the Derby) and Shaver Boy (a bit sharper).

Top Bottom