What's new

Blades on Alibaba

Who wants in on 1,000,000 cartons of PANDA’s?!

Some Haywards? Pearlmax? Anyone? I’m seriously having a blast looking at all these random blades for bulk sale on alibaba. Price for entry is steep but man could you make a killing selling Panda’s out of the back of your car!

Attachments

• BC41A626-0C7C-4DD8-9AFF-8041A65D9F4A.png
    BC41A626-0C7C-4DD8-9AFF-8041A65D9F4A.png
    1 MB · Views: 109
  • CA4FAE07-2D48-4A31-AD11-FC1E6ADBD3C6.png
    CA4FAE07-2D48-4A31-AD11-FC1E6ADBD3C6.png
    365.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 49B193FB-76E1-4CCB-9152-10D83181D756.png
    49B193FB-76E1-4CCB-9152-10D83181D756.png
    398.2 KB · Views: 99
The PearlMax ones look like knock-offs of SuperMax blades. They copied the font, the "Max" part of the name and the round Original seal. Would have doubts that they are just as good, though. I tend to be skeptical of most things manufactured in China.

The PearlMax ones look like knock-offs of SuperMax blades. They copied the font, the "Max" part of the name and the round Original seal. Would have doubts that they are just as good, though. I tend to be skeptical of most things manufactured in China.
Why? Most stuff nowdays is made in China anyways and in the wet shaving world, almost all brush knots come from China and Weishi/Baili/Qshave/Yaqi razors are very well-made razors. Not to mention Gold Dollar and ZY make some great straight razors that will rival the shave of anything from Solingen or Sheffield once you give them a proper honing.
IMO, people need to get over the outdated perception that everything from China is cheap junk. Afterall, China had one of the most advanced cultures in the world when many of our ancestors were still running around in loin cloths.

Who wants in on 1,000,000 cartons of PANDA’s?!

Some Haywards? Pearlmax? Anyone? I’m seriously having a blast looking at all these random blades for bulk sale on alibaba. Price for entry is steep but man could you make a killing selling Panda’s out of the back of your car!
Interesting. Ive used some Chinese blades and most of them are pretty middle of the road and not bad. Ive used Baili, Cloud and Qshave blades and they arent bad.
The only problem with a lot of the Chinese blades is you never know what you are getting because no one here in the west has heard of most of them.

Why? Most stuff nowdays is made in China anyways and in the wet shaving world, almost all brush knots come from China and Weishi/Baili/Qshave/Yaqi razors are very well-made razors. Not to mention Gold Dollar and ZY make some great straight razors that will rival the shave of anything from Solingen or Sheffield once you give them a proper honing.
IMO, people need to get over the outdated perception that everything from China is cheap junk. Afterall, China had one of the most advanced cultures in the world when many of our ancestors were still running around in loin cloths.
I have to agree about the Qshave clone of Merkur Futur. It is a very good razor. Faithful to the original. I own the original Futur as well and these shave the same. Also the Yaqi DOC, that I own as well, is very robust and hefty. I'm wary about the blades or other products, though.
Not saying that all products are junk but I'm cautiously skeptical when seeing something like this. I still have the Qshave blade pack unopened from when I bought the razor more than a year ago. Not sure I want to try them.
Maybe one day, since I'm about to try some (apparently) fake Lord blades.

China used to be completely full of cheap junk. Now it is a complete mixed bag of cheap junk and high end goods. As such, concerns about quality remain valid.

China used to be completely full of cheap junk. Now it is a complete mixed bag of cheap junk and high end goods. As such, concerns about quality remain valid.

Second that. The problem is not that Chinese stuff is bad per sé, in fact it can be excellent. Problem is that many factories seem to leave quality control to the customer, hence the "mixed bag".

Second that. The problem is not that Chinese stuff is bad per sé, in fact it can be excellent. Problem is that many factories seem to leave quality control to the customer, hence the "mixed bag".
I dont disagree. I was speaking more to the notion that some people seem to have that everything from China is junk.

I'd be lying if I said I was untempted by the lure of a cheap, close shave.
True. Like others have said, the Panda packs are enticing. And I am using Rockwell blades right now, so I trust they wouldn’t be much worse.

EDIT: Oh wait ...

True. Like others have said, the Panda packs are enticing. And I am using Rockwell blades right now, so I trust they wouldn’t be much worse.

EDIT: Oh wait ...

Wow good find! Panda’s are apparently (and unfortunately) as horrible as i had assumed.

Are they any good?

They are just ok....Maybe 2 or 3 good shaves per blade...They cost about .30 USD for for a five pack. The Gillette "London Bridge" is a much better deal in the long run because they sell for about .45 USD per 5 pack but I can get a good week of decent shaving from one of these.

Im not going to lie, I do love the packaging on those Pandas. I think that I'll stick to Bailis, Clouds or Dorcos for now though.
Thats many blades is more of a committment than Im ready for with a blade that I cant try a sample of first.

The Gillette "London Bridge" is a much better deal in the long run because they sell for about .45 USD per 5 pack but I can get a good week of decent shaving from one of these.
I was under the impression that London
Bridge is a vintage blade that's been out
Of production for years. I have not seen
Any modern version for sale at any of the
Usual spots.

Top Bottom