What's new

Blades Made in USA?

It's the same with Qshave. They list their blades as "Made in USA" so either Personna is making private label blades or there's another blade plant somewhere.

View attachment 1249502

I doubt Personna (which is just branding; the actual name of the company is Accutec) is making these. For one, Accutec's DE blades cannot in any way be described as "mild". For two, I would guess they maybe don't do private labeling there. Battle Brothers has been asking them to source their private label blades but last I heard (they posted here about it awhile back) Accutec doesn't want their business.

I doubt Personna (which is just branding; the actual name of the company is Accutec) is making these. For one, Accutec's DE blades cannot in any way be described as "mild". For two, I would guess they maybe don't do private labeling there. Battle Brothers has been asking them to source their private label blades but last I heard (they posted here about it awhile back) Accutec doesn't want their business.

Personna definitely did/does private labelling. For example these blades, currently on offer at these American supermarket chains:

MEIJER
1618102930295.png

KROGER
1618103084180.png

Personna definitely did/does private labelling. For example these blades, currently on offer at these American supermarket chains:

MEIJER
View attachment 1249673
KROGER
View attachment 1249675
Wrong Personna. Those are Edgewell blades, made in Germany. Edgewell is in the private label business. We're talking about Accutec, made in the US.

They used to do it, before the acquisition. I sound like an old man, but "back in my day..."

They used to do it, before the acquisition. I sound like an old man, but "back in my day..."

That is true, but that is also why ASR bought Bond Israeli-American (the company that opened the plant in Nazareth) back in the '90s. Bond had a good private-label business, and once ASR acquired them, ASR replaced the US-made blades they used to sell to their private label customers in the US with the Israeli-made blades.

This got to be a problem when Eveready (Edgewell) bought ASR out of bankruptcy intending to keep only the private-label retail business and spin off or close the US-based industrial / commercial division (which included the US-made DEs). The US operations were at risk until their own management bought the industrial division themselves and renamed the company, but apparently struck a deal with Edgewell to keep using the Personna name. So that name is used on products from two different companies now, that used to be one company.

There are some "Vikings Blades" that claim to be made in the USA.
proxy.php

Whether they're made by Personna, or there are other plants in the US people here don't know about, or "Made in USA" refers to the box and not the contents, or whether there's a town in China named Usa, or whatever, I wouldn't know.

What with the "For Non-Coarse Hair"?

I don't believe I've ever seen that on any other DE blades, even Derby, which is as mild as any blade can be.

What with the "For Non-Coarse Hair"?

I don't believe I've ever seen that on any other DE blades, even Derby, which is as mild as any blade can be.

Because it was immediately obvious that the things are as dull as a butter knife and generally a waste of money.

Top Bottom