What's new

Blades info

hi,
I am Canadian.
I hear very good comments about polsiver blades, but never have a chance to tried one. Is it true they will be no longer available? Polsiver, nacet, 7 o’clock which one is better.

It is a very personnal question. Which is better for you. My 2 cents order a blade sampler online and for a few dollars see what you like best. Lots of good canadian retailers. Also ebay options with free shipping.
For mainstream blades i like in no order;
GSB
Astra
Kai

Another vote for a blade sampler pack or two!!

My top five (in no particular order):
GSB
Nacet
Astra SP
Personna red
Personna lab

hi,
I am Canadian.
I hear very good comments about polsiver blades, but never have a chance to tried one. Is it true they will be no longer available? Polsiver, nacet, 7 o’clock which one is better.
I have heard that PolSilver has been discontinued. I have ordered 2 of them as part of a sampler pack I ordered from Razor Blade Club. I like the PolSilver, Nacet and 7 O'Clock yellows. They are just a few of the blades I like.

They are a fine blade. There seems to be a lot of controversy as to whether this blade is being discontinued or whether the supplier is starting rumors to drive up the price of the blades by creating an artificial shortage. I don't know the answer but they are a good blade.

This morning, my first shave with nacet blade. Appreciate. This weekend, I will try 7 o’clock yellow, and keep you update.

hi,
I am Canadian.

Nacet and it's not close, at least on my face. I found the PolSilvers to be duller than I'd like. I was really disappointed.

As for 7 o'clocks it really depends on which one:

Greens - Permasharp (made in India) and Super Stainless (Made in Russia). Both come in a green package.
Yellows - Sharpedge
Blacks - Super Platinum

Lots of people prefer the yellows, which I have not tried. I have tried the Gillette "Platinums" (which are not 7 o'clocks) in a blue/white package and found them to be very good (a step below Nacet, but still good). I have to wonder if they are not the same as the Black 7 o'clocks but just in a different package.

As of now, I cannot find any Gillette blade worth buying other than the Nacet. That's not to say some of them aren't good, but when there is the Nacet I must ask myself "why bother with the others?" The only other Gillette I bought in bulk was the Wilkinson-Sword. I find it to be a great blade for the price. ($8 for 100). The WS is slightly duller than the Nacet but equally as smooth. For the price it can't be beat.

Nacet and it's not close, at least on my face. I found the PolSilvers to be duller than I'd like. I was really disappointed.

As for 7 o'clocks it really depends on which one:

Greens - Permasharp (made in India) and Super Stainless (Made in Russia). Both come in a green package.
Yellows - Sharpedge
Blacks - Super Platinum

Lots of people prefer the yellows, which I have not tried. I have tried the Gillette "Platinums" (which are not 7 o'clocks) in a blue/white package and found them to be very good (a step below Nacet, but still good). I have to wonder if they are not the same as the Black 7 o'clocks but just in a different package.

As of now, I cannot find any Gillette blade worth buying other than the Nacet. That's not to say some of them aren't good, but when there is the Nacet I must ask myself "why bother with the others?" The only other Gillette I bought in bulk was the Wilkinson-Sword. I find it to be a great blade for the price. ($8 for 100). The WS is slightly duller than the Nacet but equally as smooth. For the price it can't be beat.

Thx for info,
I will try 7 o’clock yellow, Sunday and will advise about results.

Top Bottom