What's new

Blades for Wilkinson Empire Razor

How difficult is it to find (usable) blades for the Wilkinson Empire 7 day set Razor?

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/206311-Calling-all-Wilkinson-Sword-razor-experts

proxy.php

I think the auction site is your best bet for blades,but i cut a personna or sextoblade blade down to size and it worked fine for me as they are very similar
to the top blade in the picture.

I was hoping to find some of the Wilkinson hollow ground blades (the big glunky ones like came with the razor originally).

I haven't bought an empire yet as I want to know if original (usable) blades can be found before I spend the $$$ on one.

Let me check to see if I have an extra in the box somewhere. They're more of a PITA to get shave-ready, because of the size, and stropping is hard on the razor's finish after awhile, so I typically use the Gem blades, but they are good shavers, once conditioned.

Pack, are you asking where you can find blades for your Palmera, and if the Wilkinson blades will fit?

I don't know if they will fit. The easiest way to get the blades for,the Wilkinson Sword empires, is to buy a razor with blades. Finding the blades alone is almost impossible. Ebay UK sell these razors with blades very inexpensively. I have picked up many for around 5-8 GBP's.
These are great looking razors, and shave well, with modified Gem/Personna blades. I haven't been able to get my Wilkinson blades sharpened yet, but am about to send some out to have it done.

I have the same set as you.
i use a standard SE blade by removing the spine and snipping a bit off each corner. Same mod for certain Valet razors.
Awesome razor, one of my favourites to shave with.

[
proxy.php
How do you snip of the sides...? are these blades not too brittle for that...???

Top Bottom