What's new

Blades for travellers!

Following on from the recent thread(s) about travelling with a DE and the problem of carrying blades in your carry-on luggage, I've just had an idea:

If anyone is coming to Edinburgh for business (I'm guessing if you're travelling for pleasure you'll have more luggage so can put some in your hold luggage), PM me in advance...preferably 48 hours notice...and I'll get a couple of blades (probably just generic Israeli Personna's from ASDA) to your hotel! :thumbup:

Mods. If this qualifies more as a PIF, please move it.

Wow, great offer, Peter! THIS is one reason why B&B is such a nice place - it's a brotherhood, not a website. Bravo!!

I've often thought that should I be travelling for more than a couple days it would be a good idea to seek out another B+Ber and raid his stash of product!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
We/B&B should really set up a blade exchange system for those who travel carry on only. :001_huh:

I think it's a good idea. It could be someone posting a thread in WTB (as it's not a PIF since you're asking) saying:

Travelling to Timbuktu, Mali - Need blades

Or something like it...

Just a thought -- Anyone have any luck with bringing your razor and just buying blades at the nearest pharmacy to your hotel? There have to be DE fans in European countries, true?

Just a thought -- Anyone have any luck with bringing your razor and just buying blades at the nearest pharmacy to your hotel? There have to be DE fans in European countries, true?
Yes, there are plenty of us here in Europe! :lol: Unfortunately, not a huge selection of blades available in most retail stores.

This is a great thread. I would be willing to supply a pack of DE blades to a fellow B & B member arriving by air in North Carolina (GSO, CLT, RDU). Right now, I am using Israeli Personnas in red packs. Drug stores and grocery stores here do have DE blades.

For business travel, the hotels are often very accommodating. I am sure most would supply DE blades if asked. They may do so already. I have not done much business travel in the past couple of years. It would be nice to train some of them to expect this request.

Just a thought -- Anyone have any luck with bringing your razor and just buying blades at the nearest pharmacy to your hotel?

I have two issues; I just started DE shaving and I work as an international consultant. (Starting to enjoy the DE shave so much, I might have to change jobs :lol: ) Most of the places I travel I have to take a cab, the local pharmacy isn't close to the hotel/clients, or my schedule is so tight that I couldn't take an hour out of my day to grab a blade.

But I think it's a great idea if we could post in PIF or WTB with a message as Luc stated.

--Chris

Since GPS is becoming more and more prominent, perhaps we could bury small tupperware containers with some blades and some Silica gel packs in them, and upload them to a "Blade Cache Google Map", like the Member Google Map we have.

Top Bottom