What's new

Blade Wars: Polsilver Super Iridium vs Polsilver Stainless

Blade Wars: Polsilver Super Iridium vs Polsilver Stainless

upload_2017-11-26_13-35-22.png

This blade war features two highly regarded blades, Polsilver Super Iridium and Polsilver Stainless. Polsilver Sis are one of my all-time favorite blades. I haven’t tried the stainless blades yet and am looking forward to giving them a go. Thank you to @Jopete who sent me the blade for this review.

I’m not sure what is different about these two blades. My guess is the manufacturer uses a different coating. If you have any experience with these blades or knowledge about how they are made, I would love to learn about it.

I will use two identical “Wet Shave Club” chrome razors, shaving half of my face with each razor. I’ll try to keep the conditions similar for everything except for the blade. I’ve marked the handle of one razor with a black laundry marker, but do not know which blade is in which razor. I’ll describe what I see and feel, and invite you to share your thoughts along the way.

I hope you enjoy reading along and would love to hear your predictions and thoughts.

I have a Wizamet Polsilver Stainless loaded in a razor right now and I'll be looking forward to your impression. I was expecting legendary performance from the NOS Wizamet blades I picked up, but so far the Wizamet Iridium Super, which I believe superseded the Polsilver Stainless, shaved better. I rode one for 40 shaves.

I have a Wizamet Polsilver Stainless loaded in a razor right now and I'll be looking forward to your impression. I was expecting legendary performance from the NOS Wizamet blades I picked up, but so far the Wizamet Iridium Super, which I believe superseded the Polsilver Stainless, shaved better. I rode one for 40 shaves.
I recently traded for 40 Wizamet Iridium Supers. They are phenomenal blades for sure.

Thanks for doing this blade war again.
Haven't tried the Wizamet Super Iridium, are these made in Poland like the Polsilver Stainless? Or the ones made in St.Petersburg before they changed it Polsilver Super Iridium.

Polsiver SI are a top blade for me too. As always, I'll be keeping up with this thread and will put my money on the SI, just because.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
From my reading on the threads the Polish Wizamet Polsilver made excellent blades(operations moved to Russia?) so I think they will be the sharpest but might not last as long as the Polsilver SI out of the starting gate on Blade wars.

I have tried the Wizamet SIs and the Polsilver version which are both great, smooth, sharp and long-lasting!

Look forward to this battle! :a11:

Thanks for doing this blade war again.
Haven't tried the Wizamet Super Iridium, are these made in Poland like the Polsilver Stainless? Or the ones made in St.Petersburg before they changed it Polsilver Super Iridium.
The ones I have are made in St. Petersburg. I've heard the older, Polish-made blades are also superb.

Shave 1
Face lathered with Arko.
black razor=right side of my face, silver=left

Pass 1 - Black was sharp and smooth. A fine pass.
Silver was a little prickly on my cheeks and tuggy on my chin.

Pass 2 - Black was shaving Nirvana. About as smooth and resistance free as any single pass in my life.
Silver was smooth, but not as smooth as black.

Advantage: black

Shave 2
Face lathered with Cella.
Silver=right, black=left

Both passes were very good. Smooth, and sharp feeling. Maybe, just maybe the silver felt a tiny bit sharper - but enough to give it the round.

Draw.

Is there a popular razor you can compare the “Wet Shave Club” chrome razor to?
proxy.php

The head is similar in aggressiveness to an Edwin Jagger DE 89. The handle is heavier and knurled. I read in an interview that they are made in Pakistan. I wish I knew who made them, as the Wet Shave Club charges $25 for them if you buy them without a subscription, and the Scrooge in me can't help but think I could get one somewhere else for $10 or $15. I love them - they give me great shaves.

@cw62803 - it's definitely one of boxing's finest rounds. Hagler has always been a favorite of mine too but I like Hearns too. Those were the best years for boxing IMO, so many great fighters throughout the divisions.

Shave 3
black=right, silver=left
Face lathered with Proraso Red

Another tie today. Both razors were smooth. I want to say the black was a little smoother and left me with a slightly closer shave, but the difference is negligible.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I found the Polsilver SI gets very sharp around shave 3 & 4 with 2 1/2 passes approx per/shave(coatings smoothing or wearing in). You should be starting to peak in sharpness around now is my estimation!:detective:

Top Bottom