What's new

Blade Wars: Kai vs. Gillette Silver Blue

I find it odd that silver blues are rated so high. I am a week into my first one, and, it doesn't touch my Polsilvers SI or Israeli Reds.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Definition of a draw: kinda like kissing your sister, lol. Thanks for the battle! You have reinforced my high opinion of the GSB...

Nice write up and thanks for sharing.

I liked the Kai over the Feathers because of the smoothness.

Just about done with a tester 5 pack of GSBs. Good blade, but it's nowhere close to the PolSilvers or Perma Sharps for me. I tried the GSB in different razors as well. I agree it's in the league of the Kai.

Overall, a good blade but not great for my face. I get mostly a DFS and zero BBS shaves. As always YMMV.

Will be trying the Platinums next to compare.

Lol, it's really amusing how individual blades are -- I'm getting wonderful shaves with a German Wilkinson, and have yet, after 25 shaves, to get a good shave with a Polsilver SI. Perfectly comfortable now, but by noon I have annoying stubble. I've tried four razors so far, and the best is a FatBoy on 6, and it's still nothing to write home about. I have less stubble at 9 pm with the Wilkinson than I have when I get to work with the Polslivers.

So I will persevere -- it's always possible I got a dud blade, but I'm finding it's not uncommon for people to find a blade I love useless to them.

Lol, it's really amusing how individual blades are -- I'm getting wonderful shaves with a German Wilkinson, and have yet, after 25 shaves, to get a good shave with a Polsilver SI. Perfectly comfortable now, but by noon I have annoying stubble. I've tried four razors so far, and the best is a FatBoy on 6, and it's still nothing to write home about. I have less stubble at 9 pm with the Wilkinson than I have when I get to work with the Polslivers.

So I will persevere -- it's always possible I got a dud blade, but I'm finding it's not uncommon for people to find a blade I love useless to them.
I bore easily, but I never get tired of trying out new blades or blades I've used before in different razors. When it really locks in - like it does for you with Wilkies in your FatBoy - it is awesome.

I use Kai in my more aggressive razors that have wider gaps. So it's Kai for me with my ATTH2 and Joris. GSB and Feather work better for me in my Weber and New LC. Since I use my ATT and Joris more often, I'll cast my one vote for Kai.

This was neat to read. But worried about price of any blade? You guys need to go price carts again ;)
No need to because most folks reading and replying to this particular thread do
Not use Carts so what we do is compare
DE blade Prices and Quality to other DE
Blades..

Top Bottom