What's new

Blade Wars: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (black) vs. Personna Lab Blue

Always enjoy these cw! I’m think the champ is the personna. One of my favorite blades and i have a feeling blue kept its namesake throughout the battle. Good stuff and looking forward to seeing which one prevailed!

I knew it! (Though i did have a 50/50 shot hahaha.) Another great write up as usual! And i can totally agree that the lab blue is a pretty fantastic blade. I’ve yet to try the 7 o’clock black but it’s on my list. Close battle!

I always got good blade life with Personna injector blades back in the day. Of course that means it will be two years before I get that Personna out of my Fatboy since I only use it once a week.....

This was a great one @cw62803 Both are fine blades, but I had a feeling the Personna would get the nod. You can’t go wrong with either blade, although like you, I’ll take smooth and sharp enough over very sharp and longevity.

As a fan of the Personna, I'm pleased at the result and not surprised.

The 7 O'clock black that I praised in an earlier post (I think I had eight shaves on it at the time), went quickly downhill and I binned it at 12 shaves. Not sure what went wrong, but since it was the first time using that blade, I look forward to the next shave with it. Perhaps for the One-Blade-in-February Challenge.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Personna makes great products and Gillette made them work for championship. Great review while in Mexico.

The Labs have joined a growing list of "what the hell was I thinking" blades that appear to have seasoned well in the bottom of the drawer. It's always fun to validate an old choice, it gives me renewed respect for my decision making.

Top Bottom