What's new

Blade Wars: Astra SP vs. Personna Lab Blue

I used to love the lab blues...until I tried Russian blades (Astra, GSB, Nacet). Labs are okay but don't do it for me anymore...which is sad because I wanted to stick with the American brand!

I've had terrible luck with the Labs. I bought a one hundred pack a year ago and most of the blades feel rough. These are the only blades that cut me on the first pass. I decided to stop using them, since nine out of ten blades seem to shave me horribly. I have no issues with other blades. I love the Astras.
I have a lot of Lab Blues on hand, too. I find that I like them more on the second and third shave than the first. I've heard of people "corking" their blades before their first use to take some of the harshness off. I may try that the next time I load up a Lab Blue.

I used to love the lab blues...until I tried Russian blades (Astra, GSB, Nacet). Labs are okay but don't do it for me anymore...which is sad because I wanted to stick with the American brand!

I'm in the same boat. I like Lab Blues, but I love Polsilvers, GSBs, 7 O'clock greens, and a number of other Russian blades. I haven't yet found a Russian blade I don't like.

I like to buy American, and am often willing to pay a premium to do so, but most of the top-tier blades I've used are Russian.

P.S. The vodka isn't too shabby, too.

Guess that I am more on the fence! My top 5 include two Personnas (labs and reds), two Russians (GSB and Astra SP), plus one German blade (Wilkinson sword)! And I am definitely NOT a politician!

Top Bottom