What's new

Blade Storage Device

Well...delving into the finer points of shaving; I've begun to explore the blade storage frontier.

I'd been keeping my blades in a drawer of our bathroom sink assembly. From what I'm reading; the bathroom is NOT an ideal storage area for razor blades.

I went into the basement in search of an item that would hold my sampler set of blades. Something that would fit neatly into one of my dresser drawers.

I found this little piece of memorabilia:

Blade Holder Closed.jpg

Blade Holder Open.jpg

Pretty beat up, for sure. But there's serious sentimental value attached:

I belonged to an organization known as the "Key Club" in high school. Had our own leather sleeve jackets with logos. You'd have to be nominated and voted on for admittance. Tight group of friends, really.

We'd do community services such as car washes, iron fence cleaning and painting, food drives, etc. All the money made would go into a coffer that was earmarked for the annual "Key Club Convention"; held in the Spring at a well known resort hotel located in upstate New York.

This convention was not for the faint of heart. Not by any means. One of the prime requirements was the ability to consume large quantities of spirits while still functioning in a friendly and somewhat coherent fashion. Fortunately...I was more than up to the task!

This beaten up object that is now holding my razor blades is a sugar pot from that resort hotel. I vaguely remember borrowing it at the time and forgetting to return it on my way out. Now it's serving a different purpose and I'm glad for the reunion. I've got some Feather, Astra, and Personna blades coming soon which should fit in there nicely, as well.

I does kind of look like a stand lol. It is actually an alum block resting on a black piece of foam for drying.
That's funny. It did look kinda crumbly for a stone.

Nice idea for a stand, though. I love stones. Get a piece of quartz that you like and drill a hole in there.

Check out this piece I found hiking on Mt Lemon, outside of Tucson. All that was visible was part of the top section where the bear is sitting.

IMG_0227.jpeg

One I bought...
View attachment 1436962

One I made. Hold SE blades on the right side and injectors on the bottom...
View attachment 1436963

Then theirs is the box for overflow...
View attachment 1436964
Very nice! I just remembered I have a wooden box I built for my daughter that's about the size of that last shot. She's in Japan...so I'll look around her room and see if it's there.

Speaking of that last shot: is that a pedal for an electric guitar. on the right? And the locking case on the left? Would that be a travel case for other important musical paraphernalia?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Try some cigar boxes, you can store them anywhere.
View attachment 1435879View attachment 1435880
Excellent idea! I recently inherited some cigar boxes....
I does kind of look like a stand lol. It is actually an alum block resting on a black piece of foam for drying.
I store my razor blades alongside a rare quartz deposit in my crawlspace where my wife let's me live..... Quartz keeps my blades sharp, dontchyaknow! True story doggone...

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I found this cigar humidor 4 years ago for $3 Canadian at a garage sale, I thought it would work well for my blades and some razors and even came with a key. Still using it for blade storage purposes.
image3.JPG
refurbishing shaving products.JPG

Have some great shaves!

Very nice! I just remembered I have a wooden box I built for my daughter that's about the size of that last shot. She's in Japan...so I'll look around her room and see if it's there.

Speaking of that last shot: is that a pedal for an electric guitar. on the right? And the locking case on the left? Would that be a travel case for other important musical paraphernalia?
The lock box is my razor restore kit. Stealwool, blade holders, polishes and rags. Powders for finishes. That kinda stuff. Just for hand work.

The black box on the right is a box I made to help teach guys Morse Code. Its got a couple circuits in it along with a speaker, on/off switch and volume. You plug a manual key into it.

Sorry. It is noisey but not musical unless you like one tone. Lol.

Top Bottom