What's new

Blade Sampler PIF

Hey Everyone,

Thank you very much for participating! The winners are [MENTION=112221]JBO667[/MENTION] and [MENTION=103776]YKMV[/MENTION].

I would highly recommend taking notes on each blade so you remember what works best for you! I did a 1 through 10 scale for each shave on each blade and based it on sharpness, shave quality, and notes.

Good Luck and happy shaving!

[MENTION=39571]Blorkin[/MENTION]
Thanks so much to you for your generosity.

That's quite an assortment of blades and I've got a few new Fleabay purchases to try them in... HMMMMM

Tech or Red Tip or Blue Tip or OC or ??? this should keep me busy.

Pm sent with my address...

Congratulations, [MENTION=112221]JBO667[/MENTION] and [MENTION=103776]YKMV[/MENTION], and thank you [MENTION=39571]Blorkin[/MENTION] for the generous PIF!!

Hey Everyone,

Thank you very much for participating! The winners are @JBO667 and @YKMV.

I would highly recommend taking notes on each blade so you remember what works best for you! I did a 1 through 10 scale for each shave on each blade and based it on sharpness, shave quality, and notes.

Good Luck and happy shaving!

PM sent with address.

Thanks so much! Indeed I will do just that since I'm needing to see if I've got better options than Feather.

Thanks again [MENTION=39571]Blorkin[/MENTION]. I've been enjoying the ability to select and know I have other blades waiting to try out. I cannot wait to be able to go through and set up my own PIF in the future @

[MENTION=39571]Blorkin[/MENTION],
I got the blades a few days ago. Still haven't had a chance to try any since the Polsilver I've been using just won't quit even after a 8 shaves...:mad3:

Thanks and I'll be reviewing when I get started on one..

I started on a few so far since I'm a daily head shaver almost without exception. I've done a few that there were two of to start off.

Red Personna was pretty nice and smooth. I banked it on the 5th shave. No irritation, 3 pass DFS to BBS.

Lord Super Chrome was a nice smooth 3 pass CCS to DFS with no irritation. My wife says that all my hair follicles have 2-3 hairs so the 4 shaves I got was impressive!

Jumped back to a Feather so I can keep my reference point intact. Next will be Shark Super Chrome followed by Shark Super Stainless then Treet Classic. That will take out all the doubles and I'll revisit those 5 again at the end.

Thanks again [MENTION=39571]Blorkin[/MENTION]!
proxy.php

[MENTION=39571]Blorkin[/MENTION],
My Gillette Bleue Extra finally gave out on me after about 10 shaves. I really don't have a good and easy method of tracking the DE blades and I lost count somewhere along the line. The injector blades are easy since I just make a mark on the cardboard box.

Any way, SWMBO and I were going to be overnighting in a hotel so I packed the Gillette Bakelite Tech and 2 of the Feathers. I hoped to get a nice Home alone shave in on Saturday but it wasn't meant to be.
Sunday, however, was great.
La Toja Stick and my WD Synthetic whipped a nice lather and I popped the Feather into the Tech.
This was my first time with the Tech but not my first with a Feather. I used them a few times when I first got my Feather Popular about a year and a half ago when I switched to DE shaves.
I'm so glad you sent me these blades, Blorkin... the shave was one of the best.
A 2 day beard reduced to nothing in the first pass. I could have passed inspection with that one pass.
I continued on with XTG and ATG and 3 passes gave me a smooth shave that still feels good after 10 hours.

I haven't tried the Feather blades in a long time and I can't even remember if I used them in any razor but the Popular but now I'm a Feather Fan.
My only recollection of the Feathers is that they only seemed to last 2-3 shaves. We'll see.

[MENTION=112221]JBO667[/MENTION]
That is one nifty Blade box.. Where did you find Fossil Blades?

Thank you sir! It's a watch tin. The CFO works there and gets random ones often. She saw that and decided I HAD to have it... She was right, but she always is!

FWIW, CFO = SWMBO

I've been calling her the CFO for years. It really throws people off in real life since I'm a big slick headed, bearded, burly, biker looking type.

And it's the original label, not an add-on?
that makes it extra nifty.

CFO, eh, I'll not tell my SWMBO that one. She thinks she's smart about money but I'm smarter.. I know the access code to FleaBay and PayPal. :lol:

Top Bottom