What's new

Blade Rotation

I start with a fresh blade on a Monday morning. Last shave with that blade is Sunday morning. Works for me. Hopefully it will work for you as well. Sometimes the blade does the seven shaves easy and sometimes the last few shaves can be very interesting.
The past few months, I decided to put some rubber magnetic dots on the left side of my bathroom mirror. This way I could have many blades open and shave with one and then any other, the next day.

I really wanted to be able to easily compare them, side by side. This way I could also jump from a 2-shave blade to a 6-shave blade and see it the 6-shave blade still shaved smooth. I wanted to test for 8-days worth of every day shaving.

I figured that November and December will about finish this up.

I plan on starting a 1-blade for 1-week shaving schedule, come the new year.

At this point, I am kinda where you are on this. I'm guessing, that on a 1-10 scale, I am about average or maybe a tad bit to the lighter side. So maybe around a 4.5 to a 5.

If an average user can get 4-6 shaves from a blade, I should be able to get 5-7.

I have been using mostly the R41 head and shaving daily. This has the advantage of a super close shave and very little to mow through the next day.

The ideal thing will be to use 1-blade for a week than change out for a fresh blade Monday morning.

Though I have about another 50-days left during my preliminary inquiries, I think this is very much doable, at least with most blades.

I'm with you on the last couple of shaves being "interesting". So, next years rotation should be interesting. At that point, I expect I will have a definite yes / no and a few maybe.

The goal will to be close but smooth, with ZERO razor burn, which is my norm.

Top Bottom